A runtime error is a frequent inconvenience for Windows users. Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error is something you can’t ignore.
It usually appears after you have installed a new application.
At times, malware or virus attack can also trigger this error by corrupting the runtime components for Microsoft Visual C++ Libraries.
The error notification appears as:
“Runtime Error! Program: File location information.” Or
“The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in a usual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.”
If you are facing the same error and want to solve it in an instant, then go through this entire post and carry out all the troubleshooting methods.
The Outcomes of the Runtime Error 1004
If you are currently facing the error 1004, then you are accustomed to its outcomes. Here are the examples:
- After launching the Windows Explorer, the error notification pops up on the screen.
- You will not be able to invoke the installed software that needs the Runtime components.
- The device works sluggishly and reacts slowly to the keyboard and mouse.
- The active windows crash with the error notification.
Effective Methods to Solve Microsoft Visual C++ Error
There are a lot of methods which you can try to eliminate the Microsoft Visual C++ error. But, here, we are going to mention some of the fixes that are proven and render the positive result.
Implement the methods in the same order as instructed to get the fruitful result. Therefore, without wasting your valuable time, let’s proceed.
Method 1: Perform a Clean Boot
At times, startup and third-party software can interfere with your device as well as the Microsoft Visual C++ components which cause such error.
To overcome this situation, perform a clean boot by following the steps underneath:
Step 1: Primarily, press Winodws + R keys altogether from your keyboard. This will launch the Run window. Here, type “msconfig” and hit the Enter key to run the command.
Step 2: Once you do so, System Configuration will open. Now, go to the Services tab which is located on the upper side of the page.
Step 3: After that, locate “Hide All Microsoft Services”. Right-click on it and place a tick to the checkbox.
Step 4: Now, hit “Disable All” and navigate to the General tab. Choose “Selective Startup”.
Step 5: Deselect the box next to Load Startup Items and hit the Apply button. Tap on OK.
Once you are done, restart the device and let the new changes take effect.
Method 2: Update the Display Driver
Sometimes, outdated Display Driver can also trigger the Microsoft Visual C++ error. Therefore, update the Display Driver.
- At first, open Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, find “Display Adapter” and click on it twice.
- Afterwards, tap on “Display Adapter” and then choose “Update Driver.”
- You will find two different ways to update the Display Driver. Among which choose “Search Automatically for Updated Driver.” If an update is available, then install it with the on-screen guidelines.
Note – Don’t interrupt the process because it might trigger further issues.
Method 3: Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
First, you have to remove the Microsoft Visual C++ XXX Redistributable from your device.
- Firstly, open Control Panel and select the “View By” option.
- Tap on “Programs and Features”.
- A list will pop up where all the installed programs and applications are enlisted. Locate the “Microsoft Visual C++ XXX Redistributable” option.
- Right-click on it and choose the “Uninstall” button and hit OK.
Once you have successfully uninstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ XXX Redistributable, reinstall it.
Before proceeding with the step, make sure the internet connection is properly working.
- Go to the downloading page of the MicrosoftVisual C++ file and then look for the updated version.
- Once you get it, hit the Download option.
- After downloading the Microsoft Visual C++ file, go through the on-screen prompts to install it successfully.
In the above section, we have mentioned the effective fixes. While performing the above methods, if you face any kind of difficulties, then it is better to take expert assistance for further help.