Although it is known that updating an application removes the bugs, still there are a lot of security and compatibility issues that can occur mainly because of outdated programs and Operating Systems. Hence, you need to ensure that the Operating System is working on its latest version. It is an automatic process unless you have made changes. However, the updating procedure often frustrates the users because of uncertain obstructions. Users often report about windows update stuck at 0 issues like Windows update not downloading and face difficulties while working. If you are facing similar issues, go through the article to know more about the error and also get easy fixes in no time.
Fundamental Reasons Why Windows Update Stuck At 0
The error often resolves on its own. Hence, at first, you need to be patient and wait for a few hours for the issue to resolve. If Windows update stuck at 0, follow the steps which are mentioned below. They will help you to fix the problem and get the updates done. Furthermore, the error can also occur if your computer is infected by malware or virus.
Methods To Troubleshoot Windows Update Stuck On Downloading
The windows update stuck at 0 error often resolves on its own. Hence, at first, you need to be patient and wait for a few hours for the issue to resolve. If the error persists, follow the steps which are mentioned below. They will help you to fix the problem and download the updates easily.
Solution 1: Disable All Non-Microsoft Services
The primary method that you need to follow to fix the error is by disabling all the non-Microsoft service that you have in your system. This simple solution has helped many users to get rid of the error. To do the process, follow the steps as given below:
- At first, you need to press the Windows key and R (Win+R) from the keyboard at the same time. Upon clicking on them, a Run dialog box will open on your computer screen.
- Now, you need to enter msconfig in the dialog box that appears. After entering the command, click the OK button.
- Now, click on the Services tab and check the box beside the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- You need to click on the Disable All button and then click on OK.
- Finally, reboot your system for the changes to take effect.
- Now, launch the Windows Update and then download the updates again.
However, after downloading the updates, you need to enable all the disabled services. You need to open the System Configuration dialog box and enable the services. Now, uncheck the box next to the Hide all Microsoft services. Now, select the Enable all button and then finally click the OK button.
Solution 2: Temporarily Turn Off Windows Firewall
You can also resolve the Windows update stuck on downloading error by turning off the Windows firewall temporarily. The firewall may block the download. Turn off the Windows Firewall by performing the following steps and check if the error persists.
- Click on the Start menu. Then open Control Panel.
- You can view by the small icons. Now, you need to click on the Windows Firewall option.
- Finally, check whether the Windows Firewall is on or off. You will find the option on the left pane of the screen.
- However, Turn off Windows Firewall is not recommended. Click the OK button. Alternatively, you can turn it on again after the Windows updates are done. Now, you can download the Windows Updates again.
Solution 3: Use Anti-virus Software To Scan Your Computer
The Windows update not downloading problem can occur due to virus or malware attacks as well. Hence, to check your device, download an antivirus. However, if an antivirus is already installed, run a deep scan on your computer to detect any possible virus and fix the error instantly.
Alternative Method – Stop and Restart Windows Update Service
However, you can also stop and restart the Windows Update Service to fix the Windows update not downloading error. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you need to press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to invoke the Run dialog box.
- Enter the services.msc command in the Run dialog box and then click on the OK button.
- Now, find the Windows Update service and right-click on the option. Click on the Stop option which you will find on the context menu.
- Open C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution. Then delete all the contents present there.
- Restart the Windows Update service, click on the Windows Update service and finally select the Start option.
- Lastly, download the latest updates again.
Get Help From Us
If you are still struggling with the same and Windows update not downloading even after multiple attempts, seek help from our professionals at Oniton support. The experts will provide accurate solutions to fix the error. You can call us at our Helpline Number or drop an email at our official email ID. Apart from these two modes of communication, you can also have a chat with our professionals and get immediate assistance instantly.