When you use a printer, you face some issues with it. One such common problem is printer not activated error code 20. You encounter this error if there is any misconfiguration in the printer. Generally, this issue occurs when you try to upgrade your Operating System.
However, the solution to the error code is easy. You can fix this problem on your own with the help of the following solution. Therefore, have a look at this article. Also, you can contact Oniton Support for further assistance.
Reasons Behind the Printer not Activated Error Code 20
Knowing the reasons can help you to identify the issue properly and thus, going for the appropriate solution. Let’s find out what are the causes of the error code 20.
- If the configuration of the printer is not done properly, then this error can arise.
- The error mainly occurs when the PDF converter fails to read the activation code.
- Apart from that, the problem can occur due to registry error.
- The missing printer driver can cause the same.
- Again, if you do not set your printer as default, then also you will get the same error message.
These are some of the reasons that can present your printer not activated error code message. Whatever may be the cause, you can solve it with the help of the given solutions.
Accurate Fixes for Printer not Activated Error
To fix the printer error code 20, you can follow the given instructions. Keep trying until you succeed to fix the issue. Before moving on to the solutions, make sure that your printer is not broken, and the USB connectivity is correct. If you find both of them are working properly, then you can perform these methods.
Method 1: Set the Printer as Default
First of all, try to set the printer as default. To adjust it, go to the Start menu and search for Devices And Printers. Now, from the list, search your printer. Once you find it, check whether it is the Default Printer or not. If not, then make it default. After that, close all the tabs and check whether the printer error exists or not. If it exists, then move to the next solution.
Method 2: Reinstall the USB Composite Device
Further, you can reinstall the USB composite device to correct the error code. To install it again, follow these instructions.
- At first, go to the Start menu and right-click on My Computer. From the pop-up menu, select the Properties option.
- Inside the properties window, navigate to the Hardware tab. Here, you will see an option saying Device Manager. Click on it to open.
- Now, locate the Universal Serial Bus Controllers and open it by double-clicking.
- Here, you will find the USB Composite Device. Right-click on it and select to uninstall it.
- After uninstalling, you need to disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it back after sometime.
- Now, install the drivers again. Visit the Manufacturers’ website to download the latest version of the printer’s driver.
- After downloading, follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- When the installation is complete, check whether your printer is your default printer or not.
- If it is default one, then try to print a document, and you won’t struggle with the printer not activated error code 20 anymore.
Method 3: Manually Update the Registry Editor
As the activation error occurs due to the wrong registry entry, if you update it manually you will be able to troubleshoot the error. To update the Registry Editor manually, go to the Start menu and type regedit. When you locate it, right click on it and select the option Run as Administrator. Once you have the Administrator access, find the file named HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG and open it. Inside it, you will see an option saying Software; right-click on it. From here, take the permissions and check whether you have the full control or not. If not, then select the option to take the full control. Finally, close all the tabs and check if the error exists or not. After updating the Registry Editor, you may get rid of the printer not activated error code 20.
For Further Assistance Contact Oniton Support
If the problem continues even after implementing all these methods, then you can contact our technicians of the Oniton Support for further assistance. If you have any question, you can ask us. You can choose our services to have the fastest solutions at an affordable rate.
If you register your problem with Oniton Support, our technicians will take immediate action to resolve your issue. Our technicians are highly skilled and are capable of fixing printer errors within minimum time.
Accordingly, our services are not expensive. We use to provide the best service at a pocket-friendly rate. For that reason, we have an excellent track record of customer satisfaction.
Get In Touch With Us for 24×7 Services
To resolve printer not activated error code 20, you can contact us whenever you need help. Our technical experts are always ready to interact with you. Besides, you can drop us a mail to our email address compiling the full description of your problem. Apart from these, you can have a real-time error discussion with our executives whenever you want. Also, you can connect with us through live chat for the instant suggestions.