One of the common issues which Windows users face while using printer is Error 0x00000709. It prompts Error 0x00000709 cannot set default printer on Windows and crashes the Printer Settings. Even after basic troubleshooting, it remains the same and becomes frustrating after a while. When you come across this problem, you will be simply unable to proceed with the printing job.
These errors require professional support to resolve. In such a case, Oniton Support is the best choice to fix these issues almost instantly. We will be glad to help you out.
What Causes Error 0x00000709?
This error occurs when users try to set up a new printer to the system as Default. However, Windows does not allow the operation because of some fault in Registry Settings which continues to use the previous printer as the default printer.
How to Resolve this Issue?
In order to resolve Error 0x00000709, one needs to modify the Registry manually. The whole process has been explained below in a few simple steps which you can do all by yourself.
Step 1: Backup Registry
First and foremost, back up the Registry in case you are unable to make successful changes and something goes wrong. To do that, follow the instructions given below.
To Backup Registry
- Open the Start menu.
- In the search field, you have to type regedit in the search field and hit enter.
- You will now see the Registry editor. Open it.
- Now, click on the File and select Export.
- Select the preferred location where which Registry backup will be saved.
- Give a name to your backup and hit Save button.
Additionally, to Import the Backed Up Registry
- Open Registry
- Click on the File menu and select Import
- Select the backup file and then click on Import
Step 2: Make Changes to the Registry
There are two ways for performing this step. You can try the one more convenient for you.
- Open the Start menu.
- Type regedit in the search bar.
- Choose “Run as Administrator” after you right click on regedit.
- After that, you will find five different categories of lists. Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER and navigate to this path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows.
- On the right side, you will find an option “device”; modify the name of your printer by right-clicking on it.
- Make sure to change just the name and not the whole part.
- If a dialog box appears saying “cannot edit device” then no need to worry, just press OK.
- Choose the Windows folder from the left pane. Right click on it and select Permissions.
- You will find a “Full Control Box”, put a check on it and save changes.
In case, the earlier method did not work then we have got you covered. There is an alternate way to deal with Error 0x00000709 which is much simpler than the above-mentioned method.
- Click on Start and open Control Panel.
- Find “Devices and Printers” and open it.
- Right click on the name of your current printer and select “see what’s printing“.
- Then, choose “open as administrator”. Here select “set as default printer” and save changes.
- In some cases, you might not see the option of “open as administrator” as you may have gained administrative privilege already.
Get Expert Assistance to Resolve Error 0x00000709 Instantly
We are Oniton Support and can fix these printer related issues within minutes. We have a team of skillful engineers who have been resolving Error 0x00000709 and other such printer issues regularly. Since we have a great experience working in this field, our technicians can fix printer issues almost immediately.
We are proud to have experienced and reliable engineers at Oniton Support. The engineers are proficient with Windows as well as printers of various manufacturers. We can fix any issue which might be malfunctioning the printer. Besides, we keep a lookout on the Operating System side as well for any bugs which might be interfering with the printer’s setting. All in all, you do not have to worry as the engineers are highly skilled and capable of ironing out bugs with a precise diagnosis.
Oniton Support has an active team of professional who consider work as responsibility and provide service almost immediately. We as a company believe in providing excellent service with punctuality in mind. We assure you, the moment you call us for support, we will be right there to fix any printer issue you are facing.
We have a different approach to service cost as we try to serve as many customers as we can. The service cost is quite low so that users can afford the services without any financial strain. Oniton Support consistently ranks high among the competitors because of great service within reasonable cost. So you should not worry at all about service charge.
The most convenient way to reach out to us is one-to-one call on the Helpline Number. You can directly talk to the technicians and schedule an appointment as well. Apart from this, you can chat with our engineers as well through the Chat Portal. And if you have anything further to discuss, then you can mail us at Oniton Support ID. All these channels are always open, so you can seek help anytime you want.