Facing the error code 6502 Canon printer problem all of a sudden?
Then, let us tell you that this is something which you will be able to solve all by yourself. And here we will discuss the different ways in which you will be able to fix this issue.
Nowadays, printers have become an absolute necessity in office settings throughout different countries. As such, any problem which might cause it to stop working can literally cost your work hard.
That is why if you can fix this issue right then and there, you will be able to avoid that. So, in this article, we are going to show you “how to fix error code 6502 Canon printer?”
And because of this, you will be able to save a lot of time. Something you might have lost out on if you went for tech support.
So, read on through this article, and find out more about this.
What can be Causing the Error Code 6502 Canon Printer?
Let us find out first about the probable causes of this issue first, before we go and solve it.
This is going to be very important in 2 different ways.
The first is that you will be able to execute the solutions without inflicting any damage to your system. Since, the Canon printer is a very complicated device, where there are a lot of working components.
And if you try to fix it by tweaking it. Then, you might end up causing a lot of damage to your system.
But, it will not be that way if you have a good understanding of the causes of this error. You will be able to avoid all of those problems.
Then, it is going to help you understand the highly technical instructions really well. And that is why in this section of the article, we have covered all the possible reasons for this particular issue.
Technical Causes of the Canon Printer Error Code 6502
Among the different issues which might cause this error, the most common one is a damaged cartridge. If there be any physical damage to the cartridge. Then, it is going to be very likely that you will face issues like this. And because of that, you will not be able to use your Canon printer.
Now, other than any direct physical damage to the cartridge, there can be reasons somewhat similar.
And that is, if there be an issue with the LED of your Canon printer. This is a very important component of the printing device, and if there be something wrong with it. Then, facing error messages from the system is inevitable.
Problems like these not only stay where they are and rather spills over into other parts as well. As a result of which the ink cartridges are going to be severely compromised.
Now, you surely have got a brief understanding about the possible causes of this issue. Hence, it is time we go ahead and take a look at all the solutions you are going to need to fix this problem.
How to Resolve the Error Code 6502 Canon Printer Issue? Step by Step Guide
Now, in this section, we are going to show you “how to solve the error code 6502 on your Canon printer?”
We recommend that you figure out which is the exact cause of the issue in your case. That way, you will be able to go and apply the solution for that straight away. We have covered all of the possible solutions which you might need.
But, if you do not have that information at hand, then also there is no problem. Just apply the solutions one by one and you will be able to fix this issue in no time whatsoever.
Get New Ink Cartridges
In case there is some severe damage with the ink cartridges. You are going to have to get new ones in their place.
Here are the steps which you are going to need for that.
- Open the cartridge compartment of your Canon printer to expose the existing ink cartridges.
- Unplug all the cables and wires that connect to it and then, gently remove it from there.
- Place the new ink cartridges in its place and then secure all the necessary cables and wires to it.
- Then, put the coverings of your Canon printer back on and attach the printer to a source of power.
After you have done all of that, turn on the printer and check if you are still having that issue.
But in case, this solution fails to work and you are still facing this error ode issue. Then, just move on to the next step that we have on this list.
Get Rid of the Broken Ink Cartridge Altogether
Another way in which you can go about fixing this problem is by removing the ink cartridge altogether.
If you want to do this then here are all the steps that you are going to need:
- First, you will have to switch your Canon printer off. To do that, press the Power button on the body of the printer.
- Now, as the printer is off, take out all the different cables you use to connect it to other devices.
- Take off the cover of the printer to expose the cartridge compartment it has. You will get to see those broken cartridges inside it.
- Detach all the small cables which are attached to it and then gently take it out of there.
Thus, you have safely taken out the broken cartridges from your Canon printer. This might solve the error code issue that you are facing.
But, if it does not give you the fix, then go for the next step on this list.
Tweak your Canon Printer through the Power button
If the previous 2 methods fail to work for you, then here is what you can do:
- Switch off the power supply to the printer. For that, first, click on the power button on it and then shut the power switch.
- Now, press down on the Power switch and the Resume button on your Canon printer. Hold on to it till you get to see solid green lighting from the printer.
- After some time passes, double press the Resume button rapidly.
- You now will have to wait for a few seconds till the Canon printer settles down. If it is taking longer, then just disconnect and then reconnect the power cable.
- Now, go to the printer menu and check if it is working or not.
And this completes this particular method for fixing this particular Canon printer error code issue.
Well, after going through all the information that we have presented in this article. You will be able to fix this issue very simply.
But, you might have noticed that some of the methods might need you to have some experience. And if you are not the least bit tech savvy, then the process might be a bit risky to handle.
That is something that you are going to be able to avoid if you go for the best tech support that you can get.
So, if that is the case with you, then do not hesitate to get help from experts. As that is going to save you a whole lot of time and other resources.