The issue in regards to the BCM20702a0 driver can come up if the Bluetooth devices do not work as they should. Usually, when the Bluetooth device is not compatible with the default settings within the computer, then you can get this problem.
The complete message that comes on your screen when this driver issue appears is like ‘Bluetooth not recognized’ or ‘Bluetooth not working’. There can be several reasons for the occurrence of this issue. Some of the usual causes are that if the ‘Bluetooth’ driver is obsolete, then you can get this issue.
Moreover, when the Bluetooth services are not active, then there is a chance of you to encounter this glitch, etc.
Solutions to Resolve this Problem
In this section of the article, there will be various points that will help you to get rid of the issues in regards to the BCM20702a0 driver:
Steps to Deactivate the Airplane Mode and Activate Bluetooth
Sometimes the BCM20702a0 cannot work properly due to some internal problem with the Bluetooth driver. Thus the best way to correct this problem is to disable the Airplane Mode and then activate the ‘Bluetooth’. In order to do it, follow the steps below.
- First, tap on the combination of keys ‘Windows + I’ simultaneously, to launch the ‘Windows Settings’ window.
- Within this window, there consists of settings category specific to the Windows Operating System, which you alter at your will. Now, from that window, locate and select the category ‘Network & Internet’.
- When a new page comes up, with the same name as the category that you have chosen on the previous line. On this page, go to the left panel and then, choose the ‘Airplane Mode’ option.
- Now, navigate to the right panel of the same page and then, under the heading ‘Airplane mode’, toggle the button to the ‘On’ position. When you enable this mode, then all the wireless connections to and from the computer will be disabled.
- At this moment, quit the ‘Settings’ application, then go to the ‘Notifications’ area and select the ‘Bluetooth’ option to activate it.
- Finally, check if this issue comes back or not.
A Process to Perform a Bluetooth Driver Update
When the Bluetooth BCM20702a0 driver gets corrupted somehow, then there is a possibility for you to get this error. The best and most effective way to resolve this problem is to perform an update of the Bluetooth driver. For that to happen, follow the lines provided underneath:
- First, on the left side of the taskbar, locate the ‘Windows’ logo and right-click on it. This will launch the ‘Options Menu’. Next, from that menu, find and then choose the ‘Device Manager’ option.
- As soon as do that, then a new window, which has the name ‘Device Manager’ will show up. Within that window, there consists of all the devices and their drivers on a list.
- Next, from that list, choose the device category ‘Bluetooth’ and then double-click on it to expand a sub-list.
- Now, within that expanded list, you will get drivers of the device category ‘Bluetooth Radios’. At this moment, from the sublist choose the first driver and right-click on it. Then from the popup menu that comes up, select the ‘Update driver’ option.
- Next, a new window will come up with two links. Out of those two links, choose the initial one that says ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- As soon as you click this option, then the Windows OS will begin the search for an update for this driver. If there is an update available for this device driver, then that will be automatically downloaded and then installed respectively.
- Repeat the fifth and sixth steps within this point to update all the other drivers of this device category.
- Once the update procedure within the ‘Bluetooth’ device category is complete, then restart the computer.
- At last, check if you are still getting this problem or not.
Examine the Bluetooth Services
If there is some kind of problem in the execution of the services for the Bluetooth adapters, then for that reason you might encounter this problem.
Now, the best answer to fix BCM20702a0 driver issues is to look into the Bluetooth services and start them once again.
Here are the steps, that you can follow to achieve this examination process:
- First, hit the ‘Cortana’ logo beside the ‘Windows’ logo, to launch the dedicated ‘Search’ area. Now, inside this area, write the following text ‘services.msc’.
- Next, from the list of this search result, choose the ‘Services’ option. This will open up a new window, that has a name ‘Services’.
- Within that window, you will get all the services of every application installed within the computer on the list.
- From that list, navigate and then select the ‘Bluetooth Support Service’ category. Next, right-click on that category and then choose the ‘Restart’ option from the popup menu that appears.
- After that, double-click on the ‘Bluetooth Support Service’ category, which was previously chosen. This action will launch a new window having the name ‘Bluetooth Support Service Properties (Local Computer)’.
- Now, inside this window, select the ‘General’ tab. Then, under this tab go to the section ‘Startup type:’ and then, choose the combo box to reveal the option within a drop-down menu.
- From that drop-down menu, select the ‘Automatic’ option and then, go to the bottom of this window to choose the ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ buttons respectively.
- At last, attempt to connect any Bluetooth enabled device and see if this error comes up or not.
Install the Driver of the Bluetooth Adapter
If updating the Bluetooth adapter do not rectify the issues with the Bluetooth BCM20702a0 driver. Then, the final answer to correct this glitch is to reinstall the driver of the Bluetooth adapter. Perform the steps as provided in the following:
- First, tap on two keys ‘Windows + R’ together, which will open a ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Next, within that dialog box, input the text ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the empty space, on the right side of the ‘Open:’ label’. Then, press the ‘Enter’ key.
- As soon as do this, then a new window will appear, that has a name ‘Device Manager’. Here all the hardware devices and their respective drivers installed within the computer are present on a list.
- Now, from that list, locate the ‘Bluetooth’ device category. After that, in order to reveal the drivers within the sublist of this device category, double-click on it.
- Next, from that sublist, choose the first driver and right-click on it. Then, from the popup menu that comes up, choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- When a prompt appears, then in it, choose the ‘Uninstall’ button and wait for the removal process to complete.
- Once the uninstallation process gets over, then restart the computer.
- Finally, when the machine boots up the next time, then Windows will automatically install the missing Bluetooth adapter.
The steps that are provided in the previous section of the article are enough to eliminate the issues regarding Bluetooth BCM20702a0 driver.
But, even after you follow each and every point in the last section if you are unable to mitigate this problem. Then, do not panic for a second.
Just, provide the query or problem that you are currently receiving on the comment section, present at the lower end of this page and get an easy fix.