Netgear routers are among the most familiar ones that come up with a wide range of features. Besides, its network is blazing-fast and provides the users with an excellent gaming experience. Netgear routers continue to shape a powerful-bandwidth online activity. With this, it supports you to remain connected to the high speeds. Therefore, many people fancy Netgear WN3000RP setup at their place.
But we should keep in mind that the setup procedure might not seem that easy for those people who do not have a stronghold in the technical domain people. Several people have been wondering how to setup Netgear WN3000RP. Hence, in this article, you can get a complete guide that will make your router setup process much easier. So, we recommend you to go through the steps given right below.
Netgear WiFi Extender WN3000RP Setup
To set up a Netgear extender in your router, start applying the following step by step guide.
Step1: Connect Using the WPS Button
To begin with the Netgear WN3000RP setup process, first, you need to recognize your highlighted WPS button in the Netgear router.
- Next, you can plug your extender and switch the power on. Besides, make sure that you don’t keep a considerable distance between the router and the device you are using. If there is a huge gap between the two, it will go out of the range. Hence, you won’t be able to connect to the network.
- Now, you need to tap the WPS button and wait for a moment.
- Here, you can see that you are connected to the wireless network. If you fail to find this status, you can check for the available networks in your system and move to the next step.
Step 2: Connect Using the Web Setup
Before you proceed with the Netgear WN3000RP setup process, you should ensure that you know the password of your router because you will be needing this at the time of the extender connection with the router. After getting your password, you can try out the following steps:
- You need to plug your extender to the power socket and switch it on.
- Next, you should wait for a moment so that your extender device catches the power. Then, you can connect to your Netgear network.
- When you connect your device to the extender, you will come to notice a green light coming out from your extender LED.
- Next, you can connect your router to the extender device. For that, you have to enter your web browser and go to your WiFi extender web page.
- Now, the Netgear Genie website, along with a setup option, will appear on your screen.
- Here, you can get a complete guide that will help you to reach your WiFi network that you wish to connect to the extender device.
- After that, you need to provide your password and connect to the network.
- Now, your extender device should be connected to your preferred router network.
If you fail to execute any of these steps at the time of Netgear wifi extender WN3000RP setup, then you will need to start the process again from the very beginning by resetting your extender device to its factory configuration. Hence, be cautious while implementing these steps. To restart your extender to its factory configuration, you need to press and hold your reset button on the extender. For that, you should consider using a paper clip.
Tips to Improve the Extender’s Performance
To make you well aware of the extender’s performance after Netgear WN3000RP setup, we suggest you have a look at your LED indicator located in the extender device.
- The green light in your extender device indicates that your network is strong and it is providing the best performance.
- The yellow light coming from your extender device is a sign of a usable performance though it provides you a bit lower performance.
- The red light in your extender device is the indication of a poor or really bad performance or no network connection at all.
- If you fail to perceive any light in the LED of your extender, it indicates that there is no connection between your router and the extender.
Therefore, to increase your extender’s performance, you need to follow these measures:
- You can improve your extender performance by placing the extender device near the router. Make sure you place your router closer to the extender device so that it maintains the line of sight.
- Also, make sure you don’t go far from your router’s advised range. Besides, when you decide to move your extender, you should check your Link Rate to get a good location.
So now, after the Netgear WN3000RP setup, you are all set to finally use your extender device. You should know what is the appropriate time to use your extender. As the Netgear recommendation follows, you should make use of your wireless extender network when your system is in a dead zone. If the available network becomes poor at any time, it would be better to connect to a wireless extender network. Moreover, if you fail to connect to your extender network, you can place it near to the router to increase your network connection.