Internet connection is a very important part of people’s lives in the modern day. Be it important work at the office or just for entertainment, one need an active internet connection. One of the most widely used forms of accessing the internet is through the smartphone. This is possible because of a device called a modem. NetGear is a company that makes modems that are reliable and provides high performance. If you have bought a new Netgear DSL modem and want to configure it for using the high-speed internet, this article will be the instructional guide for your Netgear modem setup.
In this article, you’ll first know why you need to take time out of your busy day to do this. After that, there’ll be a comprehensive and stepwise guide for the Netgear modem router setup. Thus, you’ll be able to enjoy the high-speed internet connection for multiple devices.
Why you Should do the Netgear Modem Setup?
DSL modems have been the main way people have connected to the internet. They work in conjunction with the telephone one uses and are very reliable. The quality of the connection is very good because of the robustness of such a system.
DSL is an acronym for ‘digital subscriber line’, and the primitive versions of this technology worked with a single computer system. But the more advanced ones are the DSL routers. With these devices which you can connect multiple computers.
Thus, these things have been really effective in office settings. Especially, because of the level of reliability of this technology. And ones of the best brands from which you can get yourself a DSL modem is NetGear. They make some of the best working DSL modems.
However, for these NetGear DSL modems to work properly, particularly for your needs. You’ll need to take some time to set it up the right way. There are multiple different settings with these devices. And each of those has to be set right for it to work the way you want it to.
Like, with a DSL router you can connect buy soma in usa many computer systems with the Ethernet cable. You’ll need to configure it for that as well as with respect to the type of network supply you have available. Only after you carry out the Netgear modem setup the right way, you’ll be able to get the best out of these devices.
So, in the following section, there is the step by step guide that’ll help you with this process.
How to Setup Netgear Modem: The Necessary Steps
Netgear has a fantastic software called Netgear Genie with which you can set up all your Netgear devices. We have listed the method where you’ll need to use this software interface for Netgear modem setup.
- Connect your Netgear DSL modem router with your phone line using the DSL microfilter.
- Now, connect your computer with a LAN port on the device, again using an Ethernet cable.
- Power up the DSL modem router by connecting it to a power supply and wait a while till it boots.
- Go to your computer and in your web browser, and open up the Netgear Genie set up interface from there.
- In the option that comes up in the window, choose the Yes radio button and click on the next button underneath.
- Choose your country from the dropdown window, and click on Next once again.
- The software will figure out what type of internet connection you have.
- Now, in the window that opens up, there’ll be the panels for Login information. Enter all those details to log in.
- All the settings will now be applied to the router.
- For verification, you can click on the ‘Take me to the internet’ option.
- If the connection was not successful in that step, click on the Try Again option.
This completes the setup process for your Netgear DSL modem router. Now, you’ll be able to connect to the internet and use it.