In general, power issues will start to emerge on a mobile device after several months or years of usage. However, this is not the scenario every time since there have been reports of some Apple iPhone 6 owners complaining online about their devices that will not boot up for some reason. If you are encountering iPhone screen turned black and not turned on error, go through the article. We have mentioned here a few of the reasons that cause this error and also the easy procedures to resolve them.
Probable Reasons Causing iPhone 6 Won’t Turn on Error
The iPhone screen turned black and not turned on error will primarily occur if the device you are using runs out of battery or if the settings of your iPhone are not working properly. You can also encounter this issue if the Proximity Sensor is malfunctioning.
Resolve iPhone Screen Turned Black and not Turned On
If you are encountering issues while turning on your iPhone 6, and do not know the ways to resolve them, perform the following steps:
Method 1 – Charge Your Phone
The primary and the easiest way to remove the iPhone not turning on error is by charging your phone. Your phone might not turn on if the phone is drained out of the battery. To check, plug in your phone in the wall socket or a computer.
Method 2 – Restart Your iPhone
If your iPhone does not turn on even after charging it, then restart it. To restart the phone, you need to hold down the on/off button for a few seconds. If the phone does not turn on even after performing this step, jump on to the next solution.
Method 3 – Hard Reset Your iPhone
Another way to resolve the iPhone screen turned black error is by providing a Hard Reset on your iPhone. On Hard Resetting the iPhone, the data that are stored will not erase.
- Unless you see the Apple logo on the iPhone screen, you need to press and then hold both the Home and the Top buttons.
- Continue to hold the buttons for a few more seconds.
- Keep holding the buttons, if the shut-down slider appears on your iPhone’s screen.
- When the logo appears, let go the buttons. Wait until your iPhone starts.
Method 4 – Restore iPhone to Factory Settings
Often restoring the iPhone resolves all the bugs that you are encountering. Restoring will erase all the data and the settings that you had on your phone. Perform the following steps to Factory Reset your iPhone:
- First, connect your iPhone to a computer with a cable, and then you need to open iTunes. When the iTunes window opens, you will find it in the upper left corner of the screen.
- If you are unable to find the iPhone icon on iTunes, perform the following steps to put your iPhone in the recovery mode.
- For, iPhone 6 you need to press and hold both the Home and the Top buttons at the same time, keep holding them unless you see the Recovery Mode on your iPhone’s screen.
- When the iPhone is in the Recovery Mode, you need to select the Device icon in iTunes.
- Next, you need to click on the “Restore iPhone” option, and a message will appear on the screen asking if you want to Backup your iPhone.
- Then, you will see another confirmation dialog box appearing on your screen. It will appear to make sure you want to restore your iPhone. Finally, click on “Restore”. Wait until the process ends.
After performing this method, you will probably not encounter the iPhone screen turned black and not turned on glitch anymore.
Method 5 – iPhone Into DFU Mode
Your iPhone can also not turn on due to an error during the booting up process. It primarily occurs after the jailbreaking or when you try to install an iOS update although when your phone is running low in battery. In case you are encountering the same issue, putting the phone in the DFU mode is the best possible solution to resolve the error easily.
- First, make sure that the iTunes is running and that your phone is turned on. Now, plug your iPhone into your computer and then hold the on/off button for a few seconds.
- Now, you need to hold down the volume down button for a few seconds which you will find on the left side of your iPhone. You need to hold it when you are still holding down the on/off button for a few more seconds.
- For iPhone 6, you need to hold down the on/off button along with the Home button together for a few seconds.
- Now, release the button, but make sure to hold the Home down.
Method 6 – Reset the Proximity Sensor
You can also encounter the iPhone screen turned black and not turned on issue due to the malfunctioning in the proximity sensor. It will dim your iPhone’s screen when you hold it up to your face and will cause the screen to stay dark even when the phone is on.
- At first, you need to perform a Hard Reset on your iPhone. To Hard Reset, your phone, follow the steps that are mentioned above.
- Now, when your iPhone restarts, the screen should be working without any difficulty.
- Then, you need to choose the Settings app.
- After that, select the General option and then select the Reset option.
- Finally, click on “Reset All Settings”. Upon selecting the option, all your preferences and settings on the iPhone will erase, but the data will not delete.
If none of the methods mentioned above work for you to resolve the iPhone screen turned black and not turned on issue, it is recommended to seek help from the experts. Taking the guidance of the certified professionals will make the job easier and will not damage your iPhone.