Roads and streets are changing constantly so you may face difficulties while driving to a new location. You may not find the exact route or your GPS system may give you wrong directions as it may require for new updates. Now, If you are thinking of how to update Garmin Nuvi to get the proper GPS directions then here you will get the complete guidance.
The Garmin Nuvi is one of the best vehicle navigation unit specially designed for the cars. Garmin Nuvi uses a satellite system that keeps updates for the latest routes and locations to reach you to your desired destination. Here, you will get the steps to update your Garmin Nuvi.
Steps to Update Maps in Garmin Nuvi
You are thinking of how to update Garmin Nuvi then you can follow these important steps to update your Garmin Nuvi. just take a glance at the steps.
Method 1: Connecting the Garmin Nuvi to The Computer
You need to connect your Garmin Nuvi to your computer before you start to update it. After that, you may follow the other steps to complete the process.
- At first, you need to connect the Garmin Nuvi to your PC with the help of a USB cable.
- Then your PC will automatically take the access for your Garmin Nuvi.
- But if you are connecting the device for the first time then you have to sign in to the Garmin account first. Then only you can proceed with the next step.
Method 2: Installing The Garmin Express
Once you have completed the method 1 then you can continue with method 2. Take a glance at the steps.
- You must be sure that you have installed the Garmin Express on your PC.
- You can download it by choosing the ‘Download for Mac’ or ‘Download for Windows’ by visiting the Garmin Express Download Page.
- Then you need to click on the install button after downloading the file and just follow the instructions given on the screen.
Then you need to move to the next step for further process.
Method 3: Accessing the Updates
Now you can install the updates by either accessing or purchasing it. You may follow the steps to access the updates.
- At first, if you can not open the Garmin Express after installing it on your PC then you need to check your network connection.
- Then you need to locate the GPS system by clicking to ‘Add a Device’. Therefore, you will get a list from the app for the available updates.
- Now, make sure your device is connected to your pc and then choose ‘Select all’. You will get the apps that are free or the standard one that requires to be purchased at a time.
Method 4: Disconnecting the Device
Finally, you will come to know how to update maps on Garmin Nuvi. Now, once you finished the above methods then you can follow these steps to update your Garmin Nuvi.
- Once you installed the updates you need to choose ‘Eject’ for disconnecting the device.
- Then you need to unplug the USB cables from your device and install GPS in your vehicle.
- At last, your directions and GPS tracker will be correct and work properly.
In this way, you can easily update your Garmin Nuvi and reach your destinations with proper route maps and directions. Now, if you have any questions regarding how to update Garmin Nuvi then this guide will clear your problems. You can also refer to some other navigation devices such as TomTom, Garmin Drive, JRCX 8GB Lifetime map, etc to get the proper routes and locations guidance.