Garmin is the best GPS for cars. The Garmin devices need a list of mapped roads to navigate the highways. And order to get a swift ride its is very important to keep the Garmin update.
Whether you use Drive, drive assist, Zumo or any other model of Garmin lineup, you can update it easily using some easy steps. In the next section, we are mentioning some easy steps on how to update the Garmin GPS.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Update Garmin GPS
This section consists of the key steps to update the Garmin Gps. You just need to implement the mentioned steps as it is instructed below.
Step 1: Connect the Garmin device to the Computer
Before updating the Garmin Gps, you need to first connect the Garmin device with the computer. After that, you need to do as follows:
- Remove the Garmin Gps from the Garmin GPS enabled devices such as card, truck or motorcycle.
- Check if the GPS device is turned on properly. Connect a mini USB cable next.
- Connect the Gps to the laptop and wait until the progress bar starts to scroll.
Note: If you have connected the GPS Garmin before the GPS enabled devices, the process will exactly start. But if you are doing it for the first time, you need to sign in to the Garmin account first.
How to sign in To Garmin Account?
To login to the Garmin account, You need to do the below-mentioned steps:
- Make sure you have logged in. Now search for the Tracker details section.
- Choose the Connect Garmin option next. Put the details related to the Garmin account login.
You can now successfully connect the Garmin with the Garmin Gps enabled devices. Now, let’s move on to the next steps to continue the process.
Step 2: Install the Garmin Express
After connecting the Garmin Gps, you need to know how to install the Garmin Express on the computer. To do that, you need to do the below-mentioned steps:
- Open a Web Browser. From there, go to the official website of Garmon.
- Search for the Garmin Express and then at[ on the download button.
- Now, go to the Download section of the computer. Search for the “Garmin Express Page” from there.
- Or You can simply choose the “Download for Mac” or “Download For Mac” option.
- Once you get the download file, tap on it to install it in the device.
- Read the on-screen instructions to install the Garmin express properly in the device.
After installing the Garmin express on the computer, you need to have access to the Garmin express. And to get teaches, you need to know to the next section.
Step 3: Access or purchase the Update
After installing the Garmin Express, now you need to install the updates so that you can get a better view while riding suing the Garmin Gps. To do that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Garmin express. Make sure the internet has good strength.
- Tap on the “Add a Device” option and then search for the GPS.
- The app will now search for the available updates.
- Tap on the “Select All” option and the device needs to be connected when you install the update.
When you will be done with installing the updates, You will get a list of the apps that are available or can get with the Garmin Gps device.
Step 4: Disconnect the Device
After installing the updates, you need to the device first and then do as follows:
- First, you need to tap on the “Eject” option to disconnect the device.
- No, unplug the USB cable from the device.
- Once, you will unplug the USB cable, you need to install the GPS again on the GPS enabled device.
Now, after doing the above steps, you will be able to get the accurate direction in your vehicle. Use the Garmin Gps and enjoy your ride.