iPhones are great mobile devices from Apple which are equipped with incredible performance and advanced cameras. Lately, Android has also raised the standard of its game, and now Android phones are almost at par with iPhone. And as it happens, people switch over to either of ecosystems and one string they find missing is data transfer from contacts to photos. If you recently switched to Android and wondering how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android, then we are going to share some neat ways to achieve this task. So, without further ado, let us straight dive into the guide.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
Here we will learn the ways we can import the contacts to Android. But before that, let us understand a few basic points. iPhone and Android are different ecosystems which are handled by Apple and Google respectively. There are lots of services offered by these tech giants which are present on both platforms. However, contact is one space where Apple does not offer direct sync with other services hence people want to know the solution to this problem.
Further, iPhone makes it hard to import anything that is personal in nature. As Apple is a privacy-first company, it does not let any third-party services to access personal details like photos, contacts and other such things.
Having said that, let us learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android. Here is the first method.
Transfer Through iCloud Account
- On the iPhone, open Settings and go to ‘Mails, Contacts and Calendars’ tab. Here, you will find lots of services, but as you are trying to import the contacts to an Android phone, choose Google Services. Once there, enter your Google credentials like email ID and password and tap on the sign in button.
- After signing in, it will ask for which Google Services you want to sync with iCloud. Make sure you select contacts and then proceed further. What it will do is, whatever change in contacts you make in your iPhone, it will reflect in your Google account as well. As a result, the contacts will show up on your Android phone because of Google’s tight integration with Android. We hope you have learned how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android.
Transfer Through vCard
- If the above process did not work, then try this alternate method to transfer contacts iPhone to Android. On iPhone, open Settings again and go to ‘Mails, Contacts and Calendars’ tab. There, choose the iCloud account and then turn on Contacts syncing. It will ask for a confirmation whether you want to merge the device contacts to iCloud. Allow it and all the local contacts will be synced with your iCloud account.
- Now, open iCloud.com on your PC and sign in with your Apple ID. Upon successful login, switch to Contacts tab in the left corner. There you will find all your contacts which are available on iPhone. Here, click on select all option and choose Export vCard option. Save the file in your preferred location. This vCard feature allows the user to import all the contact information at once.
- Now, if you are thinking how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android, well here is that particular step. We will use this vCard to import contacts to the Google account directly. On the PC, open contacts.google.com and hit enter. Log in with your Google account and click on Import Contacts from the left menu. It will ask for a vCard or CSV file. Click on Choose File and select the saved vCard. It will start importing the contacts and within seconds all your iPhone contacts will be on the Android device.
Transfer Through iTunes
- To transfer contacts iPhone to Android, connect the iPhone to your PC and open iTunes. It should detect your iPhone and will give a bunch of options. Go to the device menu and click on the Get Info tab. After that, select Sync Contacts With option and it will prompt a mini window asking to choose a service.
- Choose Google account from the menu and proceed. Further, provide your Google username and password and let iTunes sync the contacts with your Google Account. Once the process is done, check your Android phone, you should have all the contacts there.
These are some easy methods you can try out to transfer contacts across the ecosystem. In case you were wondering how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android in easy steps, we hope the guide was helpful and you could profit from it. If you are facing any difficulty during the transfer process then you can contact us and we can sort out the issue for you.