Although Gmail is considered to be one of the best email service providers, the users often struggle with severe issues. If you continuously receive spam emails from unknown senders, it might trouble you. However, you can easily get rid of this problem if you block those specific email senders. The Gmail users, therefore, look for ways to block emails on Gmail. If you too want to block emails but do not know the ways to block the emails on Gmail, go through this entire article. We have mentioned a few of the easiest steps that will help you to resolve the error instantly. In this article, you will get to know all about how to block emails on Gmail with the easiest solutions. Therefore, follow the post and give a try on your own to block emails.
Reasons to Block Emails on Gmail
You need to block the emails on your Gmail if you face the following issues:
- If you get spam emails from random senders, you can block them to get rid of the trouble.
- You may need to block the user if the content of the email contains a virus.
- If the account is inaccessible or in case the account is hacked, you can block the user.
How to Block Emails on Gmail?
If you want to know about how to block emails on Gmail, then read the steps thoroughly and accordingly perform the simple procedures given below:
Method 1: Block Emails from Computer
If you are using a computer to open Gmail and block the emails, you need to perform the following steps as given below:
- First, you need to open Gmail. In any web browser that you are using, type Gmail. When the window appears, enter the correct email ID and password.
- If your mailbox floods with numerous emails, you can search the sender by typing the name on the search box.
- Now, you need to open the email from the sender that you want to block and then click on the Arrow button. You will get this option next to the Reply button.
- When you click on the option, a list appears on your computer screen. Now, you need to click on Block “name of the sender.”
- However, if you unintentionally block someone, you can unblock the user as well. To unblock the user, you need to go through the same steps listed above apart from the last one.
Method 2: Block Emails from Phone Or Tablet
If you want to how to block emails on Gmail from a particular user on Gmail from your phone or tablet, you need to perform the following steps:
- Open Gmail by entering the correct email ID and password.
- Now, you need to open an email from the user whom you want to block. If your mailbox is filled with emails, you need to search the user by typing his/her name on the search box.
- Finally, tap on the Menu button. You will find it at the top right side of the window. The Menu button is depicted by three vertical dots.
- Now, tap on the Block “name of sender” option. If you block any user by mistake, you can unblock them too. To unblock, you need to follow the steps again except for the last one. Instead of clicking on the Block option, you need to select the Unblock option.
Method 3: Block Gmail User on iPhone
You can also block the spam emails if you are using an iPhone. First, you need to open the Gmail application. Then, find the user whom you want to block and open an email sent by him. Now, scroll down unless you find either the Unsubscribe or the Change Preferences options. Now, tap on the option and then follow the instructions that appear on your computer screen. Once blocked, the user can never send you emails unless you unblock him/her again.
The methods mentioned above will hopefully help you to block emails on Gmail as long as you follow the steps correctly.
Hopefully, with the help of this article, you can be able to perform the steps successfully and also understood the reason behind how to block emails on Gmail action.