Taking backups of saved data on mobile is always a good practice. Doing so always makes sure you never lose any data. This process is extremely helpful and should be done at regular intervals. If you own an iPhone you can backup up all saved data to iTunes. If you don’t know how to backup iPhone to iTunes, this article is exactly what you need.
iPhone backup is a well searched for query on the internet. If you want backup iPhone to iTunes, then this article should be able to guide you through the process. Just go through the steps and you will be done with the task in no time.
How to Backup iPhone to iTunes: A Detailed Overview
iPhone backup is not a very tough job and can be done by almost every person. If you are not a tech-savvy person, still it is not an issue. This article can guide you through the process without any kind of hassle. So, let’s move ahead and check out the process to backup iPhone to iTunes.
Before you start backing up data from iTunes, make sure you are using an updated copy of iTunes. Without the latest version of iTunes, the process might fail and you can end up losing all your data. So, before you start iPhone backup, check for available updates of the software. If any are available, download and install and then proceed.
Step-by-Step Guide to Backup iPhone to iTunes
- First, open iTunes and connect your Apple device to the PC.
- If you are asked to enter any passcode or permission to trust the connected PC, enter the password and grant buy ventolin inhaler uk access to proceed.
- Select the connected iPhone when displayed in iTunes. If your device is not being displayed, disconnect the USB from the port and reconnect it again.
- When selected you are almost done with the process. Now, simply click on BackUp Now.
Now, sit back for a while and wait for the iTunes wizard to complete the process. When done, check the summary in iTunes and see if the backup process was successful.
So, that was how to backup iPhone to iTunes. Was the process successful? If not there can be a number of reasons behind the process failure.
iPhone Backup Failed: Probable Reasons
If the iPhone backup process was not successful, don’t worry. You can perform the process again and save all your data to iTunes. Below are some reasons why the problem happened.
- An unstable data connection can lead the iTunes Data Backup wizard to session-timeout.
- Problems with the USB cable in use. Faulty cables can cause connection related problems and disrupt normal processes.
- Faulty USB ports can also be a factor.
- Outdated iTunes software is probably the most likely reason.
iPhone Backup: Endnote
Hope this article helped your answer the query ‘how to backup iPhone to iTunes’ and complete the process. The software was developed keeping non-tech-savvy people in mind and should never be a trouble without causes. If you still are unable to complete the process and facing certain errors, comment below with the details and we’ll try to help you out.