Music is something we can’t live without and it somehow keeps us going. If you are an iPhone user, listening to music is an even better experience. With features and hardware guaranteeing top-notch output, the device always assures a melodious affair. But often less tech-savvy and first-time users have the same query, “how to add music to iPhone?”
If you have bought a new iPhone or any other iOS device, this article should come to your use. Here, you can get a detailed guide to copy music to an iPhone. Just remember, you’ll need the almighty iTunes app to get the job done. So, let’s move ahead and see how to add music from itunes to iPhone.
Singalong on the Go: Add Music from iTunes to iPhone
Before, starting off with how to add music from iTunes to iPhone, keep one factor in mind. If you are a new user and have never used the app, have some patience. The application can feel a bit complicated first but not too hard to use.
How to Add Music to iPhone?
The process involved to copy your favorite tracks to your iOS device is pretty simple. Once you understand how it works, the work becomes a piece of cake. Just follow the steps below.
- Use the in-box USB cable to connect the iPhone with your PC.
- Start the iTunes app. For safety, you can check for updates. Download and install if any are available.
- Now, select the songs or albums you wish to copy to your iPhone.
- Look for your device from on the left panel of the window. Now, simply drag and drop the contents to your iOS and let your system complete the process.
The file transfer should not take much time and you’ll have your favorite songs on your iPhone. But, this process to add music to iPhone will not work if iCloud Music Library is enabled.
So, if you are not able to manually add music from iTunes to iPhone you need to deactivate the tool.
Optimize Settings to Add Music from iTunes to iPhone
To copy new media files to your iOS device manually you need to make a few changes. Just complete these steps and get it done.
- Connect your iOS device to a PC using the in-box USB cable.
- Open iTunes and ensure you are using the latest version.
- Locate the connected iPhone from and left panel and select it.
- Then, click on Summary and scroll down to Options.
- Now, click on the checkbox beside the “Manually manage music and videos”.
- Then, simply click on Apply and save the changes.
Now, you can easily copy any song or album to your iPhone and listen to them anytime and on the go. To avoid any kind of problems with the process, keep a few simple factors in mind.
Useful Tip Before You Add Music from iTunes to iPhone
- Always keep iTunes updated
- Use the company provided USB cable to connect to a PC
- Better to keep a stable internet connection when using iTunes
- Make sure to copy supported media files. Incompatible files can cause problems when processed on your device
- Make sure you’re signed in to your Apple account
How to Add Music to iPhone: Endnote
Hope this article helped you to copy your favorite songs to your iPhone. If you still face problems, let us know your queries. These were the easiest and safest methods to get the job done and avoid problems.