The Windows error code 0xc000012f means nothing but a “Bad Image” denoting the other programs or some supporting modules which are corrupted on your Windows device.
This error code is probably seen in the Microsoft Visual C++ related programs that have the DLL mismatch.
This Bad Image error code strikes with an error note that says “schannel.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error, error 0xc000012f”.
So, if you are one of those unfortunate encountering this error while running a program, then have a glance at this article till the end.
In this article, we have covered the reasons behind this error and also the hassle-free solutions to halt this issue in the earliest possible manner.
Reasons Behind the Windows Error Code 0xc000012f Occurrence:
This error code mainly prompts due to Windows software or the driver vendors that go affected.
Using a wrecked version of the Visual Studio C++ is another prime factor for this error code.
Sometimes, an outdated driver version or working on a failure Windows components can also cause this error on your Windows.
But thankfully, we have sufficient solutions to deal with this Windows Bad Image error that we have discussed in the next section.
Hassle-Free Solutions to Eliminate Windows Error Code 0xc000012f:
Here we are sharing all the top-notch solutions to eliminate the error status 0xc000012f on your Windows without a single note of worry.
You can perform any of the solutions that we have discussed here or try all the solutions to check which one suits to resolve this error.
Method 1: Perform a Restore Point to Undo the Recent System Changes
Windows System Restore allows the computer to go back in time and resolve several issues including the Windows error code 0xc000012f.
We have listed below some steps to accomplish the task.
- At first, switch on the computer and open the Windows Search pane from the very bottom-left side of the display.
- Type System Restore into the search pane and tap the Enter key to open the file.
- Now, click on the System Restore option and enter the password if asked.
- Finally, choose a Restore point from the display and tap the Continue button to finish the Restore process.
When the restore is completed, simply close all the tabs and see if the Windows error is now resolved.
If the Windows error code still appearing on your screen, try another solution listed below.
Method 2: Run the SFC/ Scannow on your Windows
Every Windows versions allow the computer to scan for the numerous windows error codes with SFC/Scannow tool.
Hence, you need to try the SFC/Scannow tool. Some steps are given below to do so.
- Turn on the computer and then launch the Command Prompt (Admin) tool from the Windows Start pane.
- When the Command Box opens, type SFC/scannow into the search pane and press the Enter key to open the action.
- After tapping the Enter key, the computer will start checking all the files automatically for the errors.
- Lastly, when the scan process gets finished, click on the Repair All option and hit a click on Finish key to end the method.
If still, the issue persists or Windows is behaving abnormally, try out the next solution we have listed below.
Method 3: Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio on your Windows
If your Windows does not have a copy of C++ Redistritubutable, it will definitely cause this Windows error code on your PC.
Follow the steps listed below to get a version of C++ Redistributable on your Windows from the web.
- At first, you need to open a web browser on your PC and then redirect to the official website of the C++ Redistributable of the Visual Studio.
- You can see the language box over there, select the Language that you are using on your computer. Then select the OS version from the next screen to download the application file.
- After fulfilling all the requirements, click on the Download button next to the Language box. Then select both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe to proceed with the further steps.
- Click on the Next button below the screen and wait until the download is finished.
- Now, drive to the download list on your browser and double-click on the application to install it.
- At last, click on the Install button and follow the on-screen instructions to end the task.
Finally, close all the tabs when the installation gets over and restart the computer as usual.
If still, you are encountering the issue or the above method fails, you can try one more solution given under.
Method 4: Update the Device Drivers from Device Manager
If you are using outdated device drivers on your Windows, then it can result in Windows error 0xc000012f.
Following are some of the steps we have discussed below to update the device drivers on your PC.
- Locate the Windows Start button from the left pane of the screen and click on that.
- Type Device Manager into the search pane and tap the Enter key to open the action.
- Next, click the top result from the list and locate the driver you want to update.
- Now, double-click the selected software driver and click on the Update Driver option to begin the process.
- At last, click on the Search Automatically for Updated driver option and then click on OK to confirm the action.
Now, when the search is completed and if any software is available for your PC, simply download the application and install it manually.
Finally, restart the computer to see if this error code 0xc000012f is now eliminated. If still, the issue remains, you can try another solution discussed below.
Method 5: Uninstall the Windows Update Components
A recently updated Windows can result in several internal bugs and the error code 0xc000012f is one of them.
Hence, you need to uninstall all those components and here are some steps to do so.
- At first, you need to open the Run Command box either from Windows Start bar or by using the Windows + R key.
- When the Run Command opens on the left-bottom side of the screen, type “Appwiz.cpl” and tap the Enter key.
- After tapping the Enter key, the installed application menu will open on the next screen.
- Locate the View Updates option from the left pane and click on the Update for Microsoft Windows option.
- Right-click on the selected option and click on the Uninstall option from the list to proceed with the further steps.
- Then click on the OK button to remove the affected Update components and close the tabs to finish the process.
Now, restart the PC after the uninstallation is completed and see if the error status 0xc000012f is now fixed on your Windows.
Hopefully, one of the solutions has helped you to solve the Windows error 0xc000012f on your PC.
In case, you are still getting the issue or the error code is not fixed yet, you can positively get in touch with an expert to fix this error.
Moreover, if you have any other suggestions or solutions to fix this error code, feel free to write your experience here in the comment section below.