Nowadays, the Internet has become an indispensable thing for people. You may need the Internet for many work-related purposes or of entertainment like listening to music, watching videos, etc. The most irritating problem you can face is when the internet is running slow. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the easy hacks to fix Windows 10 Slow Internet. You can follow them to fix the slow internet connection.
How to Fix Windows 10 Slow Internet?
Here are some of the easy hacks that you can apply to Fix Windows 10 Slow Internet Issue. So, check them down:
Close the Peer-to-Peer Update
Many Internet users might not know that Windows sends the Internet bandwidth to be shared with the other users. Peer sharing is used for seeding purpose. Seeding is a process that helps the other users to get the Windows Update faster. Windows do it so that all the users can quickly receive the updates. Here are the steps you can apply to disable this.
- Click on the Start Menu and open the Settings.
- Select the option “Update & Security”.
- Next, you have to click on the Advanced option.
- Now, click on the option “Choose How Updates are Delivered”.
- Then, turn off the On button. This option allows the Windows update to be sent to the Network so the other users can get the access from this Network.
Exit the Background Apps
If you have any internet using an application running in the background, it might cause the internet running slow Windows 10. The applications like Skype, Torrent running in the background causes this problem. Moreover, these applications turn on automatically. Whenever you turn on the computer these applications also starts without you opening it. You can exit the applications or disable the auto start on Windows to avoid this and improve the Internet performance. Follow these steps below to turn off the apps to start automatically.
- Firstly, right-click on the Windows Taskbar and open the Task Manager.
- Click on the performance tab inside the Task Manager.
- Next, click the Open Resource Monitor at the bottom of the window.
- Then, click on the Network tab and check for the apps that have a large number of Send and Receive requests.
Follow the steps given below to quit the Apps.
- Click on the Start and select the Settings.
- Thereafter, click on “Privacy” and the on Background Apps. You can turn off the services that take too much Send & Receive requests.
Disable the Windows Update
You can disable the Windows Update or adjust the update settings.
- Go to the Start Menu and open the Control Panel.
- Next, you have to open the Administrative Tools and select Services. Locate the Windows Update and turn it off.
- Right-click on the option and select the Properties and disable the Startup type.
- To save the settings, click on OK.
Disable the Windows Auto-Tuning Feature
You can also try disabling the Windows Auto-Tuning feature and make the Internet work faster.
- Open the Start Menu and type CMD in the search bar. Select the Command Prompt and Run it as Administrator.
- Type the command: netsh interface tcp show global in the window.
- Check the Receive Window Auto-Tuning level and set it to normal and disable it.
- Next, type: “netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled” to disable it.
This will disable the Windows Auto-tuning Feature.
Disable the Firewell
Sometimes, the Windows Firewall may make the Internet slow. You can disable the Firewall and check the internet speed. Go to Start menu and type: “Firewall”. Open Windows Firewall and if the internet works fine.
Disable the Large Send Offload(LSO)
The LSO utility uses applications like Skype, Torrent to use a large amount of internet data and slow the browsing speed. You can disable this feature to speed up the internet. Follow the steps given below:
- Open the Start Menu and Right-click on “This PC”.
- Select Properties.
- Open the Control Panel and click on Device Manager.
- In the Menu, you will be able to see the Network Adapters. Expand the Network Adapters.
- Locate the Network card and click on it. Next, select the Advanced tab.
- Now, choose “Large Send Offload V2(IPv4)”. Here Set the value to Disabled.
- Repeat the process for “Large Send Offload V2(IPv6)”.
- Lastly, click on ok to save the settings.
Update the Network Drivers
You can easily increase the internet speed by updating the Network Drivers. Open the Device Manager from the Start Menu. Check for the yellow exclamation mark on the Network drivers and update them.
Adjust Internet Bandwidth
You can also adjust the Internet Bandwidth settings to speed up the internet. Follow the steps given below.
- Open the Run Window and type: gpedit.msc and press the Enter button.
- A “Local Group Policy Editor” will open. Click on Computer Configuration.
- Navigate to Administrative Templates>Network >QoS Packet Scheduler. Then, click on “Limit Reservable Bandwidth”.
- Enable the option and change the bandwidth limit to 0.
- Click on Ok to save the settings.
We hope that these solutions have helped you to fix Windows 10 Slow Internet Issue and has improved the internet performance also.