It is obvious that the internet has become a huge part of contemporary requirements. People depend on the internet to do various tasks. Wherever we go, there are people doing their work with the help of the internet on different gadgets of which, routers are particularly notable. Once in a while, we all run into a situation where our router keeps disconnecting. This could create a lot of trouble if you don’t resolve it.
Therefore, in this article, we have discussed some of the most important fixes that will help you to resolve your router issue in a go. But first, try to understand why your wireless router keeps disconnecting.
Common Reasons for Router Disconnection
If your router keeps disconnecting again and again, then you should first diagnose the reason behind such errors. This will make it easier for you to resolve the issue if you are already accustomed with the causes. Hence, we want you to go through some of the most common reasons for your router disconnection issues:
- The primary reason for your router’s disconnection can be the incorrect physical set up. This includes the wiring and the filtering that, if faulty, can lead to internet connection issues.
- Besides, the corrupted or damaged line along with the high noise levels can also influence such errors.
- Apart from that, you can not connect to the internet if the equipment you are using is broken. Your router keeps disconnecting every few minutes when it is cracked or damaged.
- Also, the outside interference can be causing the router disconnection.
- Another reason includes the interface which is a very peculiar part of your router. Hence, you find that the wireless router keeps disconnecting if there is a problem with the interface.
Any of these errors generally causes the issue. So, before moving on to the solutions, you should keep in mind the different factors behind it.
Router Keeps Disconnecting: Apply Some Accurate Fixes
So, now that you know the reasons for the disconnection issue, we can get to the troubleshooting process. Though you can find various approaches to remove your router disconnection error, not all of them can give the desired result. Hence, through this article, you will learn those techniques that have worked for many other users. Therefore, we recommend you to have a glance at the detailed solutions to fix your connection error in no time.
Method 1: Update your Router Drivers
Like all other software in your system, your router drivers also need a periodical update. This new update comes along with some bug fixes that can automatically resolve your router issues. Therefore, you should always update the drivers to avoid any error. So, to upgrade your device drivers, you can follow the steps right below.
- First, you have to go to the networking section. After that, you can find a list of drivers. Now, search for the ‘Wireless’ option from the above list. Next, you need to find the driver you are using in your device from the list.
- Now, you need to find out the model number of your wireless card. You can search by pressing the Windows logo key plus the Pause button simultaneously. Next, you will be able to see the System Properties section. You can also get there by tapping on My computer and then, you will get the Properties option. After that, you have to tap on the Advanced System Settings option.
- Next, navigate to the hardware tab. Then, you need to enter the Device Manager.
- Now, you will see a list of devices appearing with a plus sign beside them. Tap on Network Adaptors, and there, you will get your wireless card.
- Now that you got your wireless card, you can update your drivers from there.
If there was a problem with your driver, then this method is the ultimate fix. However, if again your router keeps disconnecting every few minutes, we recommend you try the next step.
Method 2: Upgrade your Router Firmware
If the previous method doesn’t resolve your router connection error, the problem can be hidden in your router firmware. Therefore, you need to update your router firmware as well. Download the latest firmware in your device. Next, you need to log in using a web browser. After that, you will get an update option. Click on Update to download the latest firmware in your device.
Method 3: Check the Router Settings
Also, the router keeps disconnecting when the settings are incorrect. With the dual band routers, you can broadcast on 2.4 GHz as well as the 5 GHz networks. These advanced routers usually run fine with the modern devices. But you may find an error while operating this network on the older gadgets. Therefore, there are a few things that you can do avoid router disconnection.
- At this moment, it is better to switch to 2.4 GHz from the 5GHz network.
- Also, you should set the channel router on the settings for the network to auto.
- Besides, you need to disable the extra security features to avoid any error. They are of no use and can cause extra trouble in your device.
- Apart from that, you also need to set your network mode to Mixed.
- Another thing you can try is to reset your router entirely using the reset option. Next, you can configure the wireless settings to use it like before.
If nothing works for you, then you can connect with our team of certified professionals at Oniton Support.
For Further Assistance Connect with Oniton Support
If you are looking for dependable services to resolve the router keeps disconnecting issue, we, at Oniton Support, can offer the services you expect. Reach us, and you will get to communicate with our proficient router experts who are appreciated for their accomplished practice in router technicalities. So, experience our support through different interactive channels. You can contact our Oniton Support experts via call +1-888-969-1901, Email, or Live Chat Sessions.