Without a doubt Windows 10 is the best Operating System by Microsoft. But the best things also come with defects. Many users have reported bugs and issues on Windows 10. One such error on Windows is IDT High Definition Audio Codec driver issue. According to the survey, users consistently reported queries like how to Fix IDT high definition audio codec windows 10. Microsoft released an updated to fix this problem, but the error can appear anytime out of the blue. If you are facing this problem then you do not have to worry. Therefore, In this article, we will help you with the effective methods to fix the problem. But before that let us know the causes that result to IDT Audio Codec issue.
IDT HD Audio Error: Causes And Effect
The IDT HD Audio Error might occur due to a driver issue. In case the audio drivers are not working properly you can face this problem. It can also happen if the drivers are not up to date.
If your system is infected with a malware or virus there may be no response on the audio devices. When you face this error, the connected speakers do not produce any audio output. Another reason might be that the audio services are not correctly configured due to which you are facing this error. Now, have a glance at the procedures to the Fix IDT High Definition Audio Codec Windows 10 error.
Effective Methods To Fix IDT High Definition Audio Codec Windows 10
In this section, we are going to discuss some of the effective methods to fix the HD Audio Codec issue. Follow these methods to get rid of the problem.
Verify Driver Related Issues
The primary reason for the Audio Codec issue is a driver problem. You can easily have a check and then go through the steps to verify that this problem is due to drivers.
- Firstly, right-click on Start Menu button and thereafter select the Device Manager.
- Next, expand the Sound, video, and game controllers from the list of options.
- Locate the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. Check if the option has a yellow question mark on the icon. This indicates that there is a problem in the driver and you need to immediately fix them.
Reinstall Audio Drivers
After you have successfully confirmed Audio codec error it is caused due to driver related problems, reinstall the correct Audio drivers. Follow the instructions given below.
- At first, open the Device Manager by clicking on the Start menu.
- Then right-click on the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC after selecting the Sound, video, and game controller option Then, you need to choose the Update Driver option.
- You have an option to manually pick the drivers. Now, choose the “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” option. Then hit the Next option.
- After you select Next, two or more options will appear. Select the option “High Definition Audio Device” from the list.
- After that click on the Next option.
- You have to click on Next in case a warning message appears on the screen.
- The driver installation will take a few minutes to complete.
- Finally, restart your computer.
When the process completes, check if the Fix IDT High Definition Audio Codec Windows 10 error resolves.
Install Latest Drivers In Compatibility Mode
In any case, if the reinstallation of the audio drivers did not work then, you can also try to install the latest drivers from the website. To update the drivers manually, you need to visit the manufacturer’s website and then download the driver setup file that is compatible with the system that you are using. After downloading, finally, install them on your computer. You can check the drivers that are best suited for your computer.
- Locate the driver files that you have downloaded and then right-click on the drivers and select the Properties option.
- Now, you need to visit the Compatibility tab and then mark the checkbox with the option Run.
- Next, select an older version of windows from the drop-down menu and click on OK.
- Now, you need to double-click on the setup file which will then start the installation process. Now, you need to follow the wizard instruction to install them.
- Restart the computer and see if the problem persists.
Enable IDT Audio Related Services
Running audio services can also be a problem that might be causing the audio codec error. You need to change some of the startup services and turn them into Automatic. Follow the steps to enable the services and resolve the error quickly.
- Firstly, right-click on the Start menu and open Run.
- Write “services.msc” and press the Enter button.
- Find out the Windows Audio services and then right-click on it. Now, you need to select the Properties option.
- Upon selecting the option a new window will pop up on your screen. Click on the General tab and select Startup type amd set it to Automatic.
- Next, select Start and then click on OK.
- Similarly, start the Multimedia Class Scheduler followed by the Window Audio Endpoint Builder services option.
- After you have done all of these restart the computer and see if it has Fix IDT High Definition Audio Codec Windows 10.
Scan And Remove The Virus
The audio codec issue is also caused due to the presence of a virus or any malware in the system. You can perform a complete system scan and remove the virus that may the possible reason for the audio codec error.
We hope that these solutions will help you to fix the problem.