HP printer error code 20 is a prevalent problem for HP printer users. Mainly, it occurs due to incorrect settings of your printer. For example, while you are trying to print any document from the printer, it may show “Printer is not activated error 20”. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some causes along with the solutions to the error.
Causes for the HP Error Code 20
There can be several reasons for this error. These are:
- Your printer might not set as the default printer.
- Your printer’s driver might be missing.
- Maybe there is a problem in the Device Manager.
- Possibly there is an issue of registry failure etc.
One of the above reasons you might have. But, don’t worry! Here in this article, we provided some solutions for this error.
5 Quick and Easy Ways to Fix HP Printer Error Code 20
Given below are some of the most accurate fixes that you should try to resolve the HP printer error code 20. You can try out the fixes given below. In case, you don’t consider yourself as a technologically sound person, then contact Oniton Support without wasting any time.
1) Restart your Printer
This is the primary and the easiest method to restore any kind of tech-issues. Whenever you get this kind of error, just restart your machine and see whether it is set or not. If not, then you can follow the next procedure.
2) Make Sure that your Printer is Set as Default Printer
To avoid this kind of error you should set it as a default printer. To fix it, you can follow these guidelines:
- At first, go to the “Start” button and then click on “Printer and Faxes”.
- Next, search for the “Printers” folder for the desired printer icon.
- Now, if you see the icon, find a check mark next to it. If you can see it, then it means it is ready to set as your default printer.
- However, if you are unable to see the check mark, right click on the printer and then choose “Set as default printer” option.
- Now, if you are done with all these steps, make a right click on the printer and then choose “Print Test Page” to print the “Windows self-test page”.
- When the page prints perfectly, exit from that folder and try to print a page in the word document.
Still, having the HP printer error code 20? Then, try out the next method.
3) Reinstall the USB Composite Device
- At first, right click on “My Computer” and then select “Properties”.
- Now, go for the “Hardware” tab and then select “Device Manager”.
- Next, from the “Device Manager Window”, double-click on “Universal Serial Bus Controller”.
- After that, right click on “USB Composite Device” and choose “Uninstall”, and then click “OK”.
- Finally, release the USB Cable and again connect it to the computer. Check whether your printer is working or not.
4) Uninstall and Reinstall the HP Printer Software
This is another simple method to repair your HP printer. All you need to do it, uninstall your HP printer’s software and then reinstall it.
5) Clear the Registry
Check once maybe the registry is corrupted or damaged?? Yes, it can be a very important reason for the HP printer error code 20. To fix this problem, you should clear the registry. To do this use the ‘Registry Cleaner’ program and see whether your printer is error free or not.
Therefore, execute all these methods to remove the error code in no time. Still, if you are unable to fix it, you can reach out to Oniton Support for the extensive assistance.
Resolve your HP Error Code 20 Under Expert Supervision
Troubleshooting the HP printer error code can appear difficult sometimes. If such an error is still occurring even after all the error-discussion, then we suggest you opt for expert solutions. There are several methods for resolving Hp printer error from your computer. But, not all of them claims to be equally helpful in resolving your error. Thus, you can reach out for the accurate solutions from Oniton Support team.
However, we are recognized as a long-run service provider who intends to produce definite solutions with ultimate consumer satisfaction. Also, we strive to provide the best services available in the market. At Oniton Support our team consolidates a group of proficient engineers who are capable of delivering the finest solutions to all of your problems at an affordable rate. So, contact Oniton Support for resolving your errors immediately.
Experience On-Time Services
If you are wondering where to get the reliable support to resolve HP printer error code 20, our team of professionals, at Oniton Support, can provide the services you expect. So, connect with us, and you will get your HP printer errors resolved with the guidance of specialists who are approved for their skillful experience in HP printer technicalities.
24/7 Available Helpdesk
Our pool of professionals has expanded building consumers’ satisfaction in the long run. Therefore, you can get our dependable services through these different interactive channels to resolve any issues you may ever confront with HP printers. You can drop us an email, else text us a message compiling all your errors regarding HP printer. Also, you can connect with us round the clock through chat support, which further allows you to experience a real-time error conference.