Direct3D is a part of DirectX which enhances three-dimensional graphics in an application. Direct3D portrays triangles, lines, or points per frame, or starts concurrent tasks on the GPU. This API only targets graphical performance like high definition video rendering or video games. But, it comes up with glitches even if it has very good features. You can encounter these glitches when you try to apply it. If you are not able to initialize Direct3D on the Windows 10 then this article can be of great help for you. This is because you will get an easy solution to solve the issue regarding failed to initialize Direct3D.
If you want to get more information about this issue or if you find any difficulties in executing the instructions given in the solution then, you can always contact Direct3D Oniton Support team for further assistance relating to how to fix failed to initialize Direct3D. You will always get a hassle-free service from them.
Why Does the Error Occur?
This error i.e. failed to initialize Direct3D can happen because of the following reasons which are:
- The incorrect installation of the application can affect your Direct3D. Ensure whether the application is installed properly or not.
- Direct3D can be unable to initialize If the DirectX version in your system is old.
- An issue with the Visual C++ can also cause such errors.
- If your DirectX driver is damaged or obsolete then you can face issues to initialize.
- Also, if the DLL files in an application are missing this problem can occur.
All these above-mentioned points were some of the reasons behind failed to initialize Direct3D.
Steps to Fix the Problem of Failed to Initialize Direct3D
As you are acquainted with the probable reasons behind the occurrence of the given error, now take a glimpse at some of the easy hacks. This will help you to get rid of your problems on your own.
Execution of the Hardware Troubleshooter
One of the best and easiest solutions will be to use the inbuilt Windows troubleshooting tools to pinpoint the cause of the problem. So, for that, execute the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter tool in the following way:
- First, press the ‘Cortana’ search bar beside the ‘Start’ button and then type Troubleshoot in the field given there.
- Then, press the ‘Troubleshoot’ and then in the ‘Settings’ window scroll down to the ‘Hardware and Devices’ section.
- In this section, you have to press the button ‘Run troubleshooter’.
- Now, the only thing that you have to do is to wait until the Windows troubleshooter finishes scanning the machine and see whether the problem is fixed or not.
Graphics Card Driver Update
The problem of failed to initialize Direct3D Windows 10 might happen because of a corrupted or outdated graphics card driver. To update the driver follow these simple steps:
- Choose the ‘Device Manager’ by right-clicking on the ‘Start’ button.
- Inside it go to the ‘Display adapters’ and expand it. Then in the list find the graphics card name and version.
- Choose the option ‘Update Driver’ after right-clicking on the graphics card option.
- Again, choose the option ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ and hold on till the installation of the new drivers is over.
- At last, reboot the machine to save the changes.
Make Sure Your DirectX Version is Up to Date
Failed to initialize Direct3D error can occur if the version of DirectX has become obsolete. Therefore, to play any latest games it will not meet the minimum DirectX requirements. So, you will have to update the DirectX to its latest version, in the following manner:
- Hit the combination of ‘Windows Key + R’ and then in the Run dialog box type in ‘dxdiag’.
- After that, the ‘DirectX diagnostic Tool’ will get displayed.
- Navigate to the ‘System’ tab and check the DirectX version. If it is required download and then install the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft website.
- Then, inside the ‘Display’ tab, check in the ‘DirectX Features’ if the ‘Direct3D Acceleration’ is enabled or not.
Uninstalling the Visual C++ Redistributables
To uninstall the Visual C++ again, follow these steps:
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and then in the search bar type ‘Control Panel’.
- Then in the ‘Programs’, select the Visual C++ Redistributable that you want to remove.
- Then, right-click on it and hit Uninstall button
- From the official Microsoft website, you can download and install the correct file.
- After everything is complete, reboot the machine.
Get in Touch with Oniton Support Helpdesk
If you are having a problem that is quite difficult to handle then, do not worry. Contact our Oniton Support helpline, to get immediate assistance whenever you require it. We have efficient technicians who will solve your issue without any problem. The Oniton Support executives will provide you with the proper solution. Have a look at some of our extraordinary features.
24*7 Remote Assistance
Our expert technicians of Oniton Support work 24*7 and they will be at your service whenever you require them. Therefore, you can depend on our service for getting world-class technical assistance at any hour.
If you are availing services at the Oniton Support, then it is our duty to give it back to you within a stipulated time without making you wait for the device. Punctuality is one of our notable quality.
Reach Us for Instant Help
Whenever you face “failed to initialize direct3d with current settings” issues on your computer it requires a prompt remedy. The Oniton Support team understands this. As a result, they have developed different modes of communication so that you can avail any one of them based on your preference.
Call the Oniton Support customer care number to talk to their experts about the kinds of issues you are facing.
Furthermore, you can also email them or chat with the Oniton Support service executives using the Live Chat Portal and report your issues. The tech support team will revert back to your reports soon.