Laptops are one of the computing devices that is used by many people of this world. These machines have a pointing device called a trackpad. The trackpad is integrated inside the laptop. Even the laptops that are provided by HP contain a trackpad or touchpad. However, good the trackpad is, even then you can get issues while you use it. One such issue is the cursor frozen on HP laptop.
If you get this issue of laptop cursor freezes while using your HP laptop, then do not worry. You can contact the engineers of Oniton Support, who will certainly assist you and resolve the issue you have. In the next section, you will get the cause behind this issue.
Reasons Behind the Cursor Frozen on HP Laptop Issue
When you use an HP laptop, you may get the issue of the cursor frozen on HP laptop. The reasons behind the occurrence of this issue will be as follows.
- If there is a corrupted driver related to the touchpad of your machine, then you can get this error.
- Sometimes, the touchpad fails to work or freezes, if the Operating System is outdated or due to the incompatibility of the hardware.
- Also, if you accidentally disable the touchpad, then, it can freeze or stop working.
- Due to some unknown changes in the settings of your laptop, you can get HP laptop cursor frozen issue.
To get rid of the given issue, you can go to the next section and try to solve the problem on your own. If you are unable to understand the reasons for this issue, then you can contact our technicians of Oniton Support, and they will solve the issue you are facing.
Easy Solutions to Resolve Cursor Frozen on HP Laptop
Here, in this section. you can get easy solutions for solving the cursor frozen on HP laptop issue. Now, try out the steps given below to solve this problem.
Update the Driver of your Laptop’s Touchpad
If your HP laptop’s touchpad driver is corrupted, then the solution to fix this issue is to update that driver. To update the driver, you have to follow the steps below.
- Press the combination key of ‘Windows + R’, then the ‘Run’ box will pop up.
- In the ‘Run’ box type in the ‘Device Manager’. Now, a window will open up.
- Inside the ‘Device Manager’ window, locate the option ‘Mice and other pointing devices’.
- Then, expand this option and right-click on the individual drivers and select the ‘Update’ option to do the same.
- If you update all the drivers of this option ‘Mice and other pointing devices’ then, this issue can get resolved.
Restore the Default Version of your Touchpad Driver
If the touchpad of your HP laptop freezes, after upgrading the Operating System, then, the solution for you is to restore the older version of the OS. You can rollback to the normal state if you follow the below steps.
- First, follow the steps in the previous point and go to the option ‘Mice and other pointing devices’.
- Then, select the Touchpad Driver and then right-click on it.
- After that, select the ‘Properties’ option. Now, you will see the Touchpad Driver Properties window.
- In that window, go to the ‘Driver’ tab then, select the ‘Rollback Driver’ button to restore the default version of the touchpad driver.
In the Mouse Properties, Enable the Touchpad
If by accident the touchpad gets disabled, then you can enable it through the Mouse Properties. Follow the steps down here to activate the touchpad.
- First, open the ‘Control Panel’ window, after you type in ‘control panel’ in the search bar.
- Then, tap the ‘Mouse’ option to open the ‘Mouse Properties’ window.
- In that window, go to the tab ‘Device Settings’ at the end. After that, choose the ‘Enable’ button to activate the touchpad of the laptop.
- Finally, to confirm the changes, select ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button. Reboot your system.
Execute a Hard Reset
If the HP laptop cursor frozen issue occurs, due to some unknown reasons. Then, the only solution to resolve this issue is to execute a hard reset of your laptop.
You can hard reset your laptop if you follow the below steps.
- First, switch off your HP laptop.
- If it is charging then unplug the charger from the wall socket.
- Remove any peripheral devices that are connected to the computer.
- Pull out your laptop’s battery.
- Press and hold the power button for few seconds to remove any electricity from the machine.
- After that, insert the battery back on your laptop.
- Now, power on your machine after you have plugged the charger in.
- Lastly, check if your touchpad works or not.
Ways to Utilize the Services of Oniton Support
Since we have many engineers at Oniton Support, therefore we can provide many types of services. Some of our services are as follows.
At the Oniton Support, we have expert engineers who can work on any issues relating to HP laptops. Thus, you can depend on the services that we provide.
We provide any services regarding HP laptops at a very fair price than the other companies present in the market. All our professionals at Oniton Support will attempt to provide services at any hour by charging minimum prices.
Different Ways to Send Query at Oniton Support
You can contact the engineers of Oniton Support in three different ways. You can send the query regarding cursor frozen on HP laptop to our professionals via live chat portal, which is present on our Oniton Support page. Then, in an instant one of our engineers will connect with you and then will try to solve the issue.
You can also send your query via the official email ID. After that, we will send a skilled professional to your home or if possible we will fix the issue via remote connection. You can call our engineers by using the toll-free Support Number and directly speak with the engineers by providing the query that you have.