Asus is one of the most reputed brands that has been making user-centric and handy products since it’s launch. Asus products are getting better over the years with its advanced technology and features. Among these inventions, the Asus Smart Gesture is one of the innovative one. It is a smart touchpad driver which control more precise gestures including tapping, scrolling, dragging, clicking, and more on your Asus laptop. Using the Smart Gesture feature, one can comfortably use his/her laptop with a more ‘notebook’ feel without having to use the mouse. Despite having such cool features, Asus Smart Gesture also causes troubles at times. People often complain that their Asus Smart Gesture not working which is quite frustrating.
The problems related to the Asus Smart Gesture generally occurs when the user has upgraded their Windows version. For that, it gets difficult to use those convenient gestures to control the touchpad of the laptop. So, if you’ve tried for anxiously to solve this Asus Gesture Windows 10 problem but couldn’t get the success, not to worry. In this article, we will discuss the effective solutions that will help you to fix this error in no time.
Best Troubleshooting Methods to Follow for your Asus Smart Gesture not Working
Like other gesture software, you can face issues while using the Asus Smart Gesture. Sometimes, there might be a problem or two related to gesture registration on your system. Otherwise, the gesture software might not run at all or become faulty due to certain reason. In most of the Asus laptops, the problem of ‘Asus smart gesture not working after update’ is very much common.
However, here are some of the best measures that you can use to eliminate the issue of Asus Smart Gesture not working properly:
Method 1: Check If the Touchpad is Disabled/Locked
For Asus Smart Gesture Windows 10 laptops, you can use the F9 key to check whether the touchpad is disabled or not. In some cases, it is (Fn + F9). Usually, after the Windows 10 update, the gesture feature goes off and for that, you have to enable it manually. To do that go through the below process:
- Go to the Windows Start menu and type ‘settings’ in the search dialog box. Click on the Settings from the results.
- In the Settings panel choose the Devices.
- Go to the Mouse tab on the left pane and then click on the Additional mouse options.
- Next, look for the ELAN input device and enable it from there.
- Restart the PC and check if the gesture is working.
Method 2: Repairing Asus Gesture
- Launch the Run application by pressing both the Windows key and R on your keyboard. Then, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the Run box and hit the Enter button.
- A new window will arrive where you’ll be able to see all the programs installed on your device. From there search for ‘Asus Smart Gesture’ and then right-click on it to select the Repair option.
- It will take some amount of time to complete the whole process. When it is over, just reboot your system and then check if the problem is present or not.
Method 3: Roll Back Driver
- First, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and R together on your keyboard. Then, type ‘dvmgmt.msc’ in the box and press Enter.
- The Device Manager window will open. Here, go to the Mouse and other pointing devices option and expand it. Then, choose the Asus touchpad and right-click on it. Select Properties from the context menu.
- Switch to the Driver tab and then click on Roll Back Driver.
- This will make Windows roll back your driver to its prior version. After that, just restart the device and see if the problem of Asus Smart Gesture not working is solved.
Method 4: Reset to Default Settings
- Open the Run dialog box and type ‘control’ and hit the Enter key.
- The Control Panel will open. Then, click on Large icons and double-click on the Asus Smart Gesture.
- When the Asus Smart Gesture settings appear on your screen, then select the Set all to default option from there.
- At the end of this method, restart your laptop and check the results.
Method 5: Reinstall Asus Smart Gesture
In case all the previous methods fail to solve the Asus Smart Gesture not working issue on your device, then you need to reinstall the gesture software. Follow the below procedure to complete the reinstallation of the Smart Gesture software:
- Go to the Run application and type ‘appwiz.cpl’. Then, press Enter.
- A new window will arrive where you’ll be able to see all the programs installed on your device. From there search for ‘Asus Smart Gesture’ and then right-click on it to select the Uninstall option.
- After the uninstallation, download the Asus Smart Gesture software from online on your device.
- Now, locate the installation file on your device and double-click on it. Then, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation process correctly. This will fix the Asus Smart Gesture error properly on your laptop.
Hopefully, with the help of this efficient methods, you can resolve this error with ease. To know more about Asus products you can visit our website and follow our next post and get easy ways for how to Asus Smart Gesture download.