Windows 10 manifests different errors regardless of its elegance and advancement. And one of the problems is the error code 0xc0000001 in Windows 10 which stir further problems.
Moreover, users tend to be anxious when they notice this issue and tend to jump to the solutions in order to treat the problem. However, that is not the correct procedure to follow.
Before trying out the steps, you must know the error code in detail. Also, it is vital to know the probable reasons behind this. Learning them can accelerate the entire process of troubleshooting.
Therefore, stick through this entire article that holds all the pieces of information about this annoying glitch.
More About the Error Code 0xc0000001 in Windows 10: What and how?
The alpha-numeric error code is otherwise known as the Boot Manager code. Whenever this appears, you receive a message, displaying the error screen on Startup.
The error stirs a sense of annoyance since it blocks the regular functions of the computer system.
However, the next question that might hit you is about the scenarios which induce such an inconvenience. In order to know the potential reasons which can trigger the issue, you must stick through the following section.
The Potential Causes which Induces the 0xc0000001 Error Code
As said earlier, before heading towards the solution part, let us discuss its causes.
Corrupt, Damaged or Missing SAM
At times, it is the absence of the SAM file that triggers the annoying error code. SAM file is the storehouse of the credentials of the users.
It is a significant part of the booting process of Windows. Now, in case the SAM file turns corrupt, the entire process of booting tends to stop.
Damage to the System Files
Another strong reason for the appearance of the error code is the damage to the system files. Further, the essential boot-associated files receive damages due to power outages, disk errors or malware attacks.
Compromise in the Integrity of the File System
Now, this happens in case the file system turns corrupt because of a malicious presence.
At times, there are scenarios when the memory of the computer may be damaged and corrupt. And this is just one of the strong reasons which trigger the problem.
3 Effective Methods to Troubleshoot the Error Code 0xc0000001
In order to troubleshoot the code, you must adhere to the following procedures holding dedicated steps to solve it.
Also, you’d notice that the aforementioned causes contribute to accelerating the entire process of troubleshooting.
Implement the underlying instructions with caution to solve the problem in an effective manner. However, without further ado, let us proceed to the methods directly.
Procedure 1: Convert Drive/Partition to GPT
In case, you need to wipe the drive manually, then proceed further with converting that to GPT. And to do that, follow the underlying steps.
- At first, power down the computer system and place the Windows 10 installation USB or DVD drive. Then, boot the system to the DVD or USB key in UEFI mode.
- After that, when you are at the Windows 10 Setup, hit the Shift button along with the F10 key. This launches the window of the Command Prompt. Next, launch the Diskpart tool from the Command Prompt. For this, simply type “diskpart” and then hit the Enter key.
- Thereafter, on the CMD, type “list disk” again. Now, doing this will enable you to detect the computer’s drive which you intend to reformat.
- After that, choose the drive and proceed to reformat it. To do this, just type the following in the command prompt: “select disk (number of the disk)”, “clean”, “convert gpt”, and finally “exit”. Make sure to hit the Enter button after typing each command.
- Next, initiate the procedure of the Windows 10 Setup Installation.
This procedure alone is effective in treating the error code comprehensively. However, in case the problem lingers, make sure to proceed to the next method.
Procedure 2: Inspect Hardware Devices
Among others, this is another reason which induces the error code. The problem appears due to the issues in the connected external hard drives. In order to fix this, you must power down the system, you use.
Besides, unplug and remove all the connected hard drives, especially the external ones. In case you use the USB device to install Windows 10, then ensure that the BIOS is ready to boot the system from it.
Procedure 3: Run CHKDSK
In case the hard drive compromises in rendering file integrity, it is usual to employ the integrated Windows CHKDSK utility to scan the disk comprehensively and manage the system error files.
- At first, insert the Windows installation disc. Then, choose the language which you prefer to interact in. Also, choose the keyboard input and time.
- After that, click on the option to repair your computer device. Then, choose the Windows installation drive which is generally the C drive and click on Next.
- Then, head to select the Command Prompt at the time when the System Recovery Options box appears.
- Finally, list down the command and then click on the Enter button.
Now, you can easily troubleshoot the problem at once.
In this way, the annoying error code 0xc0000001 in Windows 10 is easy to resolve, provided that you were diligent in implementing the steps properly. We recommend trying your own hands on the problem.
Doing it on your own can teach you plenty. You, definitely, don’t have to think about spending money to have it solved. Also, you tend to learn the process along with the reason for the issue.
However, in case the problem lingers, you can take help from a technical professional at once.