Windows Update is a free service that comes with the Operating System. Updating fixes certain bugs and errors.
But, in some odd cases, you might face problem to install updates. And, you get the error code 0x80070422. You can update the OS without resolving it.
Therefore, to fix this error, try to follow the methods given in this article.
Common Causes of Windows Error Code 0x80070422
Knowing the causes is an effective step towards resolving the problem. Hence, have a look at these points:
- Windows Firewall or third-party antivirus can restrict the update
- Internet connection issue
- Lack of space available on the hard disk
- If the Windows Update services are down, then the error pops up.
Proven Solutions for the Error 0x80070422
Now, let us delve into the ultimate fixes for this Windows error code. In order to have the situation under control, perform all the steps.
Fix 1: Check and Restart the Windows Update Service
Windows Services are useful in modifying the programs that run on your system. Which means, you can take the help of Windows Services.
- Open the Run box using the Windows logo and R key.
- Now, type services.msc and hit the Enter key.
- Find the Windows Update Service.
- Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Find Startup Type under the General tab.
- Set it to Automatic and then click on the Start button under Service Status.
- Finally, click Apply and OK.
Fix 2: Restart the Windows Network List Service
The Windows Network List Service helps to identify and store the properties of the Internet Network. So, restarting this service will help you out.
- Open the Windows Service window by following the previous method.
- Search for the Network List Service entity.
- On finding it, check if it is running or not. If yes, then right-click on it to select the Stop option.
- After sometime, again right-click on it and click on the Start option.
- Once you are done, close the window to check if the error code still occurs or not.
Fix 3: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter Tool
Windows includes a number of inbuilt Troubleshooter tools. So, use this tool to resolve the error code:
- Open the Start menu and type troubleshoot.
- Now, click on Windows Troubleshooter.
- After that, find the Windows Update under Get Up and Running.
- Select it and click on Run the Troubleshooter.
- Wait and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Fix 4: Disable the IPv6 Internet Settings
You can try disabling the IPv6 Internet connection on your system:
- Open Control Panel and select View Network Status and Tasks under the Network and Internet section.
- Now, click on your Internet Connection and then on Properties.
- After that, uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) and then click on OK.
Moreover, this is how you can resolve the error code 0x80070422 on your own. Once you are done with the process, do not forget to restart your device. Even though the fixes are tried and tested, still the issue might persist.
In that case, you can get the best guidance from the professionals.