Asus router is one of the most well-equipped devices that can control your home network easily. It comes in a box with the advanced networking technology. Additionally, it is disposed of with gamer optimization and network protection features. Despite its enhanced facilities, Asus router gets vulnerable if the firmware is not updated for a long time. This is where this article provides you with a generous help by rendering you details on Asus router firmware update.
In general, updating the firmware is also known as flashing the firmware. Whenever you get such messages on your screen, you need to carry out the required process. Read on to know more about the problem and long-term solution.
Reasons Behind the Need to Asus Router Firmware Update
Before proceeding with the steps on Asus router update firmware, you must understand why you need to upgrade it in the first place. Lets through some points proving the necessity of the update.
- Updating the firmware can help your router work better and along with that ensures to increase its productivity.
- Sometimes you may encounter an annoying bug that can disrupt your access to the internet. An update ensures to repair them at the earliest and alongside prevent it.
- If you are trying to rest your router to get a faster internet speed, but it does not sort the purpose, then updating is probably the sole remedy.
- The most important part is that an update is essential for security purpose, so secure your connectivity and prevent hackers and intrusions.
If any of the above-highlighted points are bothering you, then you must get your Asus router firmware update immediately.
Methods on How to Update Asus Router Firmware
Often router manufacturers do not make it an easy task to carry out updates. You get two options, either to allow the firmware to update itself automatically or you need to do it manually.
You might need to access your router’s web interface and alter the IP addresses, usernames, and passwords. This does not sound an easy task if you are not acquainted in the technical domain.
Here is a step by step process that you can follow, with ease for Asus router firmware update, have a look:
Method 1: Automatic Update
You can allow your Asus router to update the firmware automatically, whenever updates are available. All you need to do is navigate to settings of your Asus router and hit the Automatic button beside the update option. Now, sit back and wait, as the process is carried out in the background. Otherwise, if you are willing to do it manually, move on to the next method.
Method 2: Manual Update
Asus routers usually have the option in its web interface to update the firmware. Furthermore, new versions are regularly released to improve the product. Before proceeding, make sure you are using a secure and stable internet connectivity. Follow the steps to do it manually:
- Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
- First, you need to navigate to the official website and note if any information is popping up regarding new firmware on the dashboard. Click on it and note if the software is compatible with your device.
- Now, click on Support and then on Driver & Tools. Select your OS and scroll down to firmware and download the latest version. Save the unzipped file on your system.
- Now, connect through your Asus router’s local network and in the web browser’s URL, just type in “192.168.1.1”. Access the router’s interface and see the username and password. In case you have never specified any username or password, then type in “admin” for both the dialog box.
- Finally, go to the Configuration Page and choose the Firmware Version. Here you need to upload your unzipped files and allow the router to install the updates.
- Beside this, you have to reset by pressing the reset button on the router after the installation process gets accomplished. This will help to save the recent changes and along with that will also implement them.
In order to circumvent the chance of corrupting the firmware, you must not interrupt the update, either by closing the browser or avoid loading any new page.
We hope that the above steps must be enough to help you sort the Asus router firmware update problem. However, if you are unable to carry out the necessary process, then you can appoint reliable technicians from Oniton Support.
Opt for Oniton Support Executives
If you are looking for reliable help, then your search ends with Oniton Support. We have a team of proficient technicians who serve clients based globally regarding problems associated with your Asus router. Oniton Support tends to employ engineers who have immense knowledge in their respective technical domain.
We value your time as well as money, so try to keep our downtime as low as possible. You can choose to avail on-site guidance or pick and drop facility for all hardware associated errors.
Reach Us 24×7
If you are wondering how to get in touch with our diligent technicians, then you must know that we have multiple connecting channels. Choose any of them according to your preference.
To extend your productivity, help is just a phone call away. You can dial Oniton Support Helpline Number +1-855-374-5135 available 24×7, whenever required. Feel free and discuss your requirements with our support representatives.
If you find that our phone lines are busy then, you can write about your issue related question and send us an email at Oniton Support ID. We tend to revert back within an hour with positive feedback.
Chat with Us:
Additionally, we also provide you with a live chat portal, where you get to talk to our engineers and gain troubleshooting hacks to help you on the go.