HP printers are most reputed and popular printers in the market. Still, HP printer users also face problems. Problems such as “paper jam” error in the laser jet printer. It is a standard error of HP printers. Paper jams arise when the paper gets stuck in the printer while inserting. In this situation, the system continues to push the article through the printer, but, the printer becomes unable to take the command. For this reason, we may get a crumpled sheet that featured uneven printing and smudging. In this case, majority times printer stops working and notify the user by showing a message on the computer screen.
Now, the question is how to restore this ‘paper jam’ error. A variety of methods can do it. Also be careful, from the false messages of ‘paper jam’ also. The machine might report a message of the paper jam when there is no paper available in the tray. Now, in this article, we are going to provide with some solutions to this issue. They are-
5 Assured Ways to Fix the Paper Jam Error Messages for HP Laserjet Printer.
There are many ways to solve it. They are-
1) Turn off the printer
Turn off the printer and again turn on it. Sometimes it fixes the problem.
2) Clear the jammed paper from the printer
Cleaning the jammed paper from the particular areas is essential. It may be the cartridge area, output bin or duplex area. Also, sometimes in the toner cartridge area, dust, small particles, pollution may store. This things also need to be clean with a soft wiper. All you need to do, very carefully open the machine and gently pull the paper out.
3) Reset your printer
You can fix this error by this also. To set it we need to follow the steps-
- At first turn off the printer.
- Then, Wait for 30 seconds, and then press the ‘Power button’ to turn on the printer.
- Now, try to print.
If this method doesn’t solve your problem then follow the next step.
4) Reload the paper
This procedure sometimes proved as very prominent. First, you need to reload the article, and then try to print text and see whether the hardware is working correctly or not. But, remember do not ‘overload the tray’; it may damage your machine.
5) Check the print settings
To enable it to follow the instructions-
- At first, go to the file menu of the software program, and then click Print.
- In the’ Print dialog box,’ select Properties.
- Set the settings on the’ Paper/Quality’ tab. Change them according to your wish and then click OK.
- Now, try to print again.
If you are still facing the problem, then replace or service your printer. There are some valuable tips are providing to keep your printer in excellent condition.
How to avoid paper jam error in HP printer
- Do not overload the input tray. Always set the paper by aligning with edges.
- Do not add or pull paper from the input tray while printing is going.
- Use only “HP-recommended paper types and sizes.”
- Do not open the ‘print cartridge door’ while printing is taking place.
- Do not print a stapled paper or attached with paper clips.
Hope This Article was helpful to you to fix the HP printer Error. Enjoy the wonderful experience with HP Printers. Happy Printing.