HP Printer error 49.4C02 is a very common problem with the printer user. It stops all the operations of the printer and asks to restart. Mainly this error arises due to miscommunication of command of printer and system of the printer. Just for example, sometimes the small font of Pdf file’s, the printer doesn’t recognize. In this situation, the error can appear. Some lucky users may face this error for temporary times. But, most cases, users face it for a long time or permanently.
There can be many reasons for this error 49.4C02. If you are struggling with this problem, you can check out the following causes.
Reasons behind the HP Printer Error 49.4C02 of HP Printer
Backdated firmware version
This error can arise from an old version of firmware also. Please, check your firmware version whether it is up to date or not.
Similarly, an old version of the driver can also be a reason for this issue. Update the driver and enjoy a flawless printing experience.
Wrong operations of the user
I hope you are not harsh with your machine…. right? Sometimes, rough or wrong using pattern of a user, lead to arising this error.
Poor quality of USB connection
Yes!! this is a very important point. Please, check your USB connections once, whether it is in a right form or not.
Invalid commands of print
Print queue…is a very important factor for HP Printer Error 49.4C02. Maybe the printer is unable to take the command. So, It considering the command as invalid.
Check the network is accurately configured or not
Check your internet connection, is it accurately configured or not. It is one of the important points to restore this error code.
Easy steps to repair 49.4C02 error of HP Printer
1)Delete the print queues
This is the easiest step to fix the error code. Just delete the tasks of a printer. To do this follow the steps-
- At first, select the printer icon to open it.
- Then open the Print Queue list and delete all tasks which are in there.
2) Print a text page
- At first, turn off your printer as well as the PC. remove all the plugs which connect the printer to PC
- Now, turn on the Printer and see whether it is in aright state or not.
- After this, you can take a trial of printing a text page.
3)Disable the “advance printing feature”
To “disable the advance printing feature”, you can follow the steps-
First, tap to Windows Logo Printers
- Select the Printer Queue
- Now, using the left click of the mouse select on printing preference
- Here you have to select Advance Option
- From here click on the Document Option and select “Advanced Printing Features”
- Finally, tap to disable it.
Now, check the print quality, if the problem still continues then follow the next step.
4)Check Whether the Printing Font is”Franklin Gothic Book Font” or Not
Please, go through the settings of the printer, and have a look at the font character.
5)Update the printer’s firmware
Maybe your firmware is the corrupted or backdated. So, to restore it just update the newer version and install it.
6)Update the driver to PCL6
To update the driver follow the steps-
- First, enter your printer model name under “Enter my HP model number”. A support page will open for that printer. Now, select the appropriate windows version under the Operating system.
- Now, click on the “Driver> Universal Print Driver ‘to expand it. Then, Search for HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6 and choose the download button to download it.
- Next, ‘Run the downloaded file” and place a location where you want to put it. and click on ” click unzip”
- Now, the installation would start automatically.
- Restart your computer.
7)Print Pdf as image
- At first, clean the print queue. Then open the PDF you were trying to print.
- “Tap and hold the Windows key and Press P to bring the Print Window”.
- Now Click on Advanced button and click on “Print As Image”
Now we hope HP Printer Error 49.4C02 has resolved. So, enjoy the uninterrupted printing.