HP error code 20 is very famous for HP printer user. Mainly, it occurs due to incorrect settings of your printer. For example, while you are trying to print any document from the printer, it may show “Printer is not activated error 20”. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some causes of this.
Causes for the HP error code 20
There can be several reasons for this error. They are –
- Your printer might be not set as the default printer
- Your printer driver might be missing
- Maybe there is a problem in device manager
- Maybe there is an issue with registry error etc.
One of the above reasons you might have. But, don’t worry!! here in this article, we will provide some solutions also for this error.
5 Quick and easy ways to fix the HP error code 20
1) Restart your Printer
It is the easiest method to restore any kind of tech-issues. Whenever you will get this kind of error, just restart your machine. And see whether it is set or not. If not then follow the next steps.
2) Make sure that your printer is default printer or not
To avoid this kind of error you should set it as a default printer. To fix it just follow the guidelines-
- At first, go to the “Start” button and then click on “Printer and Faxes”
- Next, search for the “Printers” folder for the desired printer icon.
- Now, if you can see the icon, check there has a check mark next to it. If you can see it, then it means it is ready to set as your default printer.
- But, you are unable to see the check mark, just right click on the printer and then choose “Set as default printer” option.
- Now. if you are done with all these steps, make a right click on the printer and then choose “Print Test Page” to print the “Windows self-test page”.
- If the page prints perfectly then exit from that folder and try to print a page in the word document.
Still, having the problem?? then follow the next step-
3) Reinstall the USB composite device
- At first, right click on the “My Computer” and then select “Properties”
- Now, go for the “Hardware” Tab and then select “Device Manager”
- Now, from this “Device Manager Window”, double-click on “Universal Serial Bus Controller”.
- Next, right click on “USB Composite Device” and choose “uninstall” and then click “OK”.
- Now, release the USB Cable and again rejoin it to the Computer. Check whether your Printer is working or not.
4) Uninstall and reinstall the HP software
This is one of the easiest ways to repair it. All you need to do it, just uninstall your HP software. Now, reinstall it. Please, check that, is your printer all set or not.
5) Clear the registry
Check once maybe the registry is corrupted or damaged?? Yes..it can be a very important reason for the error 20 in HP Printers. To fix this problem, you should clear the Registry. To do this use the ‘Registry Cleaner’ program. Now, see, your printer is error free or not.
I hope this article has helped you to get rid of HP error code 20.