There are many users who face Printer in Error State while operating their systems. This is an issue that commonly occurs after the system gets new updates resulting in the connected device stopping the job that it is doing. It is always very annoying for a user to not be able to get a printout of his or her document despite making no mistakes.
When the users find Printer is in an Error State error message, the first thing that they need to do is uninstall and reinstall their systems.
This error might also result in the computer screen freezing completely and troubling the users continuously into using their systems.
However, fortunately, there are a few simple methods of fixing this error and we will have a look at them below.
Solutions for Printer is in an Error State Problem
If the status of the printer displays Printer is in an Error State then it is quite possible that there is a problem with the printer that you are using.
It is important for you to ensure that the printer is turned on and connected to the computer through a cable or by Wi-Fi. Check the printer for low ink or paper and make sure that the printer cover is not open and the paper is not jammed.
The culprit for this error might be your printer itself and therefore it is important for you to ensure that all the connections and cables of the printer are perfectly fitted and do not have any loopholes.
Go through the checklist below to find out the right solution for your problem.
- Post receiving the error code, check if the printer is turned on.
- Make sure that the printer cable is inserted into the computer properly.
- It is possible that you might have upgraded your operating system and this might be causing the problem. For this, you must uninstall and install the operating system all over again and check whether this works in solving the problem.
- The printer is connected through parallel port might also be the cause of the problem. You need to find solutions accordingly.
Get to devise manager and get hold of the parallel port. Here, you need to double-click the parallel port for bringing up the properties sheet.
Now click on “Port Settings” and then choose “Use any interrupt assigned to the port”. Now click OK. This will detect the printer and you must start using your printer without any problems.
Majority of the times it happens that solution 1 might not seem to work and the error code returns when the system is rebooted.
If this is the case then changing the settings that have been described above every now and then can have the printer back and be running.
However, this would work only until the time when the system is rebooted next. After a substantial amount of time, this solution might also stop working for the Printer is in an Error State error code.
The best solution would be getting a USB-to-parallel cable that can make the printer look to the system in the form of a USB printer.
This can solve the error permanently. Nevertheless, here it is important to note that the brand of the cable might make a huge difference. Therefore, it is essential to use a cable from a good brand.
Solution 3 involves uninstalling the printer driver and restarting the system. The steps that need to be followed while trying out this solution include:
- Click on your printer from the list available on the Device Manager for expanding it. Post expansion, you will find that the printer is connected to the computer. Now, you need to right click on the printer and then select the option that says Uninstall. You will find this option in the context menu.
- You will have a warning popping up saying “You are about to uninstall this device from your system”. You need to select the option “Yes” allowing the driver to fully uninstall the device. Here it is important for you to ensure that you do not select the box that lies just ahead of the “Delete the driver software for this device” option.
- Your next step will be rebooting your system and verifying if the Printer is in an Error State problem is a matter of the past. If the problem is solved then you can start using the printer and carry on with your task.
However, if the problem persists, follow the steps below:
Get the Correct Updated Device Driver
The printer is in an Error State notification might appear due to an outdated driver. Therefore, as a user what you need to do is go to the website of the printer manufacturers and look for the right updated device driver.
Once you get the driver, download it and install it and check if the problem has been solved.
The solutions mentioned above would help you in avoiding situations when you tend to get frustrated because of the Printer is in an Error State message banner.