While working on HP printers sometimes a user might have to face “printer in error state” issue. It can be really annoying if you are in the middle of some important work and the files need to get printed on urgent basis.
What should be done in that case? Well! This article will surely help you to find out the cause of this error and also what possible steps should be taken to fix this issue.
What causes “Printer in Error State” issue?
If you see this message displayed on your screen then there is a problem in your HP printer itself. It can be caused due to the several reasons listed below:
- Not enough amount of printable paper.
- Low cartridge.
- Paper not being properly inserted in the tray
- HP printer is not working due to the new updates in your system.
Steps to fix “Printer in Error State” issue
- First and foremost the connections should be checked and the HP computer and the printer should be rebooted
Make sure that there is a proper connection between your computer and your HP printer. Check the connecting cables or Bluetooth devices that are a connecting source between the system and the printer.
After checking everything, restart the computer and the printer and wait for few minutes. If the error message goes away then continue with your work else try other methods given below.
- Check for low Cartridge if your printer is having low cartridge then refill it as soon as possible.
- Check the feed tray: If the error is displayed due to the stuck paper then remove it slowly and carefully. Also, check whether the tray is fitted properly to the printer or not.
- Update or reinstall the HP printer driver:
If the printer driver is incompatible then also you might face this issue. Either you have to update or reinstall the printer driver. To do than follow some easy steps given below.
◊ Open the device manager and tap on “printer”.
◊ After you click on “printer” you will be able to see the name of the printer attached to your system.
◊ Make a right click on it and choose to uninstall.
◊ Click yes after receiving the warning pop up.
◊ Restart your system and check whether you are still getting the error message or not.
◊ If yes then update your device driver.
◊ Go to HP website and search for the appropriate driver.
Download the driver and wait for it to install.
Contact HP customer service department
After trying every method even then also if you are facing “printer in error state” issue then contact the customer service department at HP.
They will surely provide the efficient customer service to get you out of this issue.
The occurrence of these types of errors in HP printers is common. We have given you all possible fixes to deal with this issue. Hope this article would be of some help to you.