Canon printers are basically all in one inkjet printers which helps you to print, copy, scan and fax your files and documents quickly with minimum effort. Canon printer comes in different colors, size, features, and prices. It is a near perfect choice for the household as well as for office use.
You are working on a project and you need to print some important files, as soon as you are ready to print those files using Canon printer, a message flashes on the computer screen which says a printer error has occurred, Support code:6000 and you get stuck in the middle of your work.
So what exactly is Canon printer code 6000? In this article, we will tell you everything related t this error and how to fix it.
What causes this error?
Canon printer error code 6000 can occur due to several reasons. Some of them have been discussed below.
- This error can be caused when something gets blocked in the feed tray of the printer say a paper or dust particles that prevent the feed tray to open.
- If you have given multiple print command at the same time.
- Due to the defect in-line feed or sensor of canon printer.
- Due to the smearing or scratching of line feed.
- If there is any problem with the fitting of the feed tray of the printer, hence causing the error.
How to resolve this issue?
There are few ways to fix Canon Printer error 6000 which are discussed below.
- Leave your printer in the pause mode by unplugging it from the direct power source.
- After few seconds plug in the cord of the printer to the power source and “switch on” the Canon printer.
- Keep holding the power button for some seconds and then press the stop button for two times.
- Repeat the whole process again.
- During the second time of the complete process release the power button of the printer slowly and also hit the stop button for four times. Hopefully, this should remove the constant display of the error 6000.
Solving Line feed issues
- Using a non-corrosive solution to clean “LF and EJ” slit film of the canon printer will eventually fix the scratching and smearing of the line feed.
- If the error is displayed due to the stuck paper or dust particles which might be responsible for jamming the printer then try to remove it slowly and carefully.
Removing the Defective parts
- The error message can occur due to any defective part of the printer as well so consider removing the defecting portion. The defective part could be any of the six units which are “LF/ EJ slit film, the sensor unit, paper feed tray, logic board and paper feed motor.
Even after trying the above methods, if the problem persists then the most suitable option is to call someone from Canon support team who can help you out to resolve the issue of Canon printer error message 6000.